BCI2000PresentationLink contains two plug-ins for the NBS Presentation stimulus delivery software, a so-called DataPort Extension which allows to record Presentation events into BCI2000 state variables, and a PCL Language Extension that allows to control BCI2000 from Presentation scripts written in the PCL language.
First we will go over how to establish the connection between BCI2000 and Presentation
- Download Presentation from their downloads page and install.
- Find and run "InstallPresentationLink.cmd" which is located in BCI2000/prog
- Open Presentation's main window and choose "Extension Manager" from the "Tools" menu
- Find and click on "Select Extension File" and select your BCI2000 installation's BCI2000PresentationLink.dll file which is located in BCI2000/prog
- under "Available Extensions" you will see two extensions: "PCL Extension" and "Data Port." Select one of the available extensions and enter its name into the "Register as:" field.
- Make sure that you select "don't register server with Windows" and then click "Register Extension"
- Do this same process for the other available extension.
- Both BCI2000DataPortExtension and BCI2000PCLLibrary should now be entries in the "Registered Extensions"
- Now go to the Settings tab in Presentation and click on "Port."
- Click "Add" under "Data Ports" to the right
- From the "Type" drop-down menu, choose "BCI2000PresentationLink Data Port"
- Click "OK".
Now you are ready to integrate BCI2000 with your Presentation Experiments using the supplied Constructors. For more information on the commands you can issue BCI2000 and examples for both stimulus presentation and feedback you can visit Contributions:BCI2000PresentationLink#Examples.
Also see the PresentationLink page for more details on the installation process, APIs, and hooks.