User Tutorial:Mu Rhythm BCI Tutorial
This is the start page for a tutorial that will give you a step-by-step introduction into performing mu rhythm BCI experiments with BCI2000. The tutorial is intended to provide some theoretical background, and to make you familiar with the most important practical aspects of BCI experiments.
Before working through this tutorial, you should be familiar with the nature of EEG signals, and the basics of EEG measurement. Also, the tutorial assumes that you are familiar with your amplifier, and have all the necessary driver software installed according to the amplifier's manual.
If you are new to BCI2000, we also recommend that you take the introductory BCI2000 Tour to make yourself comfortable with using BCI2000.
To do the tutorial, please work through each of the pages listed below, in sequence:
- gives you an overview of the mu rhythm's origin and properties, and a conceptual description of a mu rhythm based BCI.
- describes the physical preparation required for EEG measurements.
- is a step-by-step description how to perform an initial session to acquire BCI configuration parameters.
- demonstrates how to analyze data from the initial session in order to determine parameters for online feedback.
- shows you how to configure the online BCI system to use the parameters obtained in the analysis.
- describes how to use the BCI system once it has been configured.