BCI2000 within labview

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
EMGlab

BCI2000 within labview

Post by EMGlab » 09 Mar 2015, 22:06

Hi,

I´m an Electronic Engineer and I am developing my Thesis trying to read EMG signals within LABVIEW. I have a g.tec g.MOBIlab+ device without the driver for LABVIEW. I was wondering if it is possible to use BCI2000 to access the g.MOBIlab+ device within LABVIEW so it can process the EMG signal in a LABVIEW program?

Best regards

boulay

Re: BCI2000 within labview

Post by boulay » 09 Mar 2015, 22:36

I don't know of any BCI2000->Labview connector though the topic has come up in the past.

I see two solutions to your problem:

1 - Write custom Labview code to call the g.tec C API [1]. You can use the BCI2000 module as a guide as to what functions will be necessary.

2 - Use BCI2000 to acquire and store the data and configure BCI2000 to use its AppConnector to write the data to a UDP port. You will have to create a UDP receiver in LabView to access the data. If you search for LabView UDP then you'll find a few examples.

The first solution will have better performance. The second solution might get you to your goal sooner.

[1] http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370109a.pdf

EMGlab

Post by EMGlab » 09 Mar 2015, 23:52

Thanks I will try both of your solutions.

I tryied to connect the g.MOBIlab+ with BCI2000 but it shows an error of connection, it says that the device is not responding.

have any suggestion?

boulay

Post by boulay » 10 Mar 2015, 06:45

Sorry I haven't used the g.MOBIlab+ in a long time. Check that it connects to whatever simple applications g.tec provides and if that works then check that the connection settings are correct in your BCI2000 parameters. Beyond that I can't help, I don't have a device to test. Maybe someone else on the forum will comment, but I think you should first describe your problem in more detail.

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 10 Mar 2015, 11:43

boulay wrote: 1 - Write custom Labview code to call the g.tec C API [1]. You can use the BCI2000 module as a guide as to what functions will be necessary.
2 - Use BCI2000 to acquire and store the data and configure BCI2000 to use its AppConnector to write the data to a UDP port. You will have to create a UDP receiver in LabView to access the data. If you search for LabView UDP then you'll find a few examples.
Both of Chad's suggestions will work well. Just one caveat, for solution #1 you will need a license for the g.tec C-API. Also if you are not experienced with C++, I would suggest solution #2.
EMGlab wrote: I tryied to connect the g.MOBIlab+ with BCI2000 but it shows an error of connection, it says that the device is not responding.
Are you using the g.MOBIlab+ with bluetooth or with the serial to usb converter? In any of the two cases you should see a virtual serial COM port appear in the Windows device manager. You need to configure the COMport parameter in the BCI2000 source module [1] to connect through this port. You can also verify the function and identity of the COM port with the g.tec demo app that gets installed with the drivers.

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... labPlusADC