No EEG Wave using gUSBamp 3.0

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
YJWang

No EEG Wave using gUSBamp 3.0

Post by YJWang » 07 Dec 2012, 11:36

Hi,

I tried today connecting BCI2000 v 3.0.2 to a gUSBamp amplifier 3.0 but did not got the EEG as displayed on the attach. When the start key was pressed,the oprater interface maintained a “waiting”state and the application interface did not flash.
Some of the settings are visible as well.

Waiting for your reply

Regards,
Yanjing Wang
Attachments
question2.jpg
question3.jpg
source001.jpg

gschalk

Re: No EEG Wave using gUSBamp 3.0

Post by gschalk » 07 Dec 2012, 12:16

This configuration should technically work.

I would start by using one of the existing configurations (SignalGenerator, CursorTask, ARSignalProcessing), together with the associated parameter files. You can verify that this configuration works properly. Then, I would change this configuration to a USBamp configuration as described on the Wiki (i.e., using the parameter file fragment for the USBamp). Then, report back.

Gerv

YJWang

Post by YJWang » 12 Dec 2012, 23:20

By using the configurations (SignalGenerator,CursorTask, ARSignalProcessing),the system can technically work.
But the problems still exist when connecting gUSBamp amplifier. Can this situation related to amplifier driver?

gschalk

Post by gschalk » 13 Dec 2012, 09:22

Did you install the USBamp driver? Did you install the C API?

Does the USBamp test program work?

Gerv

YJWang

Post by YJWang » 13 Dec 2012, 23:47

gschalk wrote:Did you install the USBamp driver? Did you install the C API?

Does the USBamp test program work?

Gerv
I have been installed the USBamp driver 3.11 and the C API.Data can be collected by use of USBamp and g.Record.
In addition,the gUSBampInfo program can detect the USBamp deviceID(UB-2010.06.31).

gschalk

Post by gschalk » 14 Dec 2012, 10:21

I notice that your SourceChGain is 0.019. Are you using the USBamp.prm parameter file fragment? This parameter should be 1 for all channels (i.e., the conversion factor between the output of the gUSBamp (which spits out values in units of muV) and muV is 1). With the existing gain settings, the signals would be extremely small, and thus could appear flat in the display.

Also, in case you have a gUSBamp.dll in the prog directory (perhaps from an earlier BCI2000 installation), delete it.

Also, when you press Set Config, do you get the yellow vertical line in the EEG display scrolling across the screen (even if the channels appear flat)?

Gerv

YJWang

Post by YJWang » 14 Dec 2012, 10:51

gschalk wrote:I notice that your SourceChGain is 0.019. Are you using the USBamp.prm parameter file fragment? This parameter should be 1 for all channels (i.e., the conversion factor between the output of the gUSBamp (which spits out values in units of muV) and muV is 1). With the existing gain settings, the signals would be extremely small, and thus could appear flat in the display.

Also, in case you have a gUSBamp.dll in the prog directory (perhaps from an earlier BCI2000 installation), delete it.

Also, when you press Set Config, do you get the yellow vertical line in the EEG display scrolling across the screen (even if the channels appear flat)?

Gerv
1) I have deleted the old gUSBamp.dll in the prog directory;
2)When press the Set Config,I did not got the yellow vertical line in the EEG display scrolling.
3) I will try again follow your tips.
I truely appreciate your help in resolving the problem.

Wang

gschalk

Post by gschalk » 14 Dec 2012, 14:31

Reboot the system and try again. (To make sure that the old dll is gone out of memory)