Matrix Flashes

Known Issues and Problems with BCI2000
M_Wentz

Matrix Flashes

Post by M_Wentz » 10 Feb 2004, 00:17

I have been working with Matrix data in Matlab and I need to know how we find when the flashes occurred and which rows and colums were flashing at a certain time.

gschalk

P300 Speller Matrix data ...

Post by gschalk » 10 Feb 2004, 08:31

Hi,

We have described the data format for the P3 speller matrix quite extensively for a recent BCI data competition. Please find it on http://ida.first.fraunhofer.de/projects ... sc_ii.html

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Gerv

M_Wentz

conversion problems

Post by M_Wentz » 16 Feb 2004, 22:45

Gerv, thanks for posting that answer, however, i am having trouble accessing the files such as stimluluscode and Flashing, and signal for that matter, so I think the problem is that the program we have, P300toASCII.exe is the wrong one, and it is not converting correctly, and that is why i cant find the signal or variables. When I worked on yes/no this summer the conversions worked corerctly at the lab, and my programs worked corerctly as well, so that why i think it could be that i have the wrong version of the conversion program.
let me know what you think, and please forward a different version if one exists as soon as possible, I'd like to get stuff up and running and am getting sooooo frustrated at these little glitches.

gschalk

BCI2000 data conversion

Post by gschalk » 17 Feb 2004, 08:37

Hi,

The program you should use is BCI2000toASCII. It comes with the BCI2000 installation package.

Gerv

Brendan

Finding when and which flash occurred with BCI2000/Matlab

Post by Brendan » 28 Feb 2004, 11:14

Hello,

First, I would recommend you dowloand the EEGLab toolkit from sccn.ucsd.edu. This is a free Matlab package designed for viewing and manipulating EEG data. I have a few little scripts I wrote for this that could help. This toolkit makes it much easier to visualize when and where different things happen.

If you are using ASCII files and then importing them to Matlab, a flash begins whenever the "Flashing" column changes from 0 to 1. The type of flash can be determined from "StimulusCode."
-Brendan