Use of a dll for a signal source module implementation

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
gdimitri

Use of a dll for a signal source module implementation

Post by gdimitri » 03 Aug 2010, 11:46

Dear sirs,

I have been trying to implement a Signal Source for the DigitalLynx amplifier from Neuralynx.

I am stuck in a small issue that I can't seem to find any documentation for (taking into account that I am a novice in the use of CMake). I have managed to create a basic Neuralynx module that can be run from the Launcher but in order for the Neuralynx commands to work I have to have the .dll file in the same directory that the Neuralynx module executable is. Otherwise the executable doesn't see the .dll and cannot call the Neuralynx commands.
I have tried to find a way to tell the build to look into the directory that I store the .dll file but I coudn't find a way. Could you please tell me if there is a way to keep my dlls away from the /prog directory and into directories I choose.
The reason I would like to know is because I am planning to interface BCI2K with a few more pieces of hardware and I would like to keep my code and my directory trees as clean and easy to read by other people as possible.

Thank you for your time

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 04 Aug 2010, 10:30

When an executable tries to load a DLL, the Windows search path applies as described at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... S.85).aspx (standard search order).

The cleanest way to install your DLLs would be to put them into the Windows system directory.

Best regards,
Juergen