TMSiCheckImpedance

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
rbibi

TMSiCheckImpedance

Post by rbibi » 30 Jun 2011, 18:16

I am using TMSi to acquire EEG from an ANT system. I have (miraculously) been able to configure my parameter file for the channel offset etc. I would like to check Impedances and have included the following line:
Source:TMSiADC int TMSiCheckImpedance= 1

I've followed the suggestions for the sample rate and buffer but I'm missing something.

I would also like to include code to avoid the processing overflow errors that I am currently getting using the TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks optional parameter. Any help would be appreciated.

mellinger

Re: TMSiCheckImpedance

Post by mellinger » 01 Jul 2011, 07:16

I've followed the suggestions for the sample rate and buffer but I'm missing something.
Could you indicate something about the problem you are running into?
I would also like to include code to avoid the processing overflow errors that I am currently getting using the TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks optional parameter. Any help would be appreciated.
Are you saying, you intend to make changes to the source code in order to suppress some error message you are getting?

Regards,
Juergen

rbibi

Post by rbibi » 01 Jul 2011, 12:57

I have two issues:
1) I get a processing overflow error and crash.

2) I would like to check impedences. I thought that I could pass TMSiCheckImpedance variable in the parameter file to TMSi.exe based on the Wiki Optional Parameters (command-line options to TMSi.exe) but I'm not doing it correctly.

If I could figure out how to pass optional parameters I thought I could also use the TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks to possible fix the processing overflow error I'm getting. I'm not trying to change source code.

Thanks,

Raquel

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 04 Jul 2011, 10:34

1) I don't understand what a processing overflow error is. Are you translating a Windows error message from some different language, or is this an error message visible in the Operator log window?

2) Command-line options are specified on the command line, not in parameter files. If you are currently using BCI2000Launcher, you need to switch to using a batch file. Batch files consist of Windows command lines, and BCI2000 batch files consist of commands that start up BCI2000 modules. Go to BCI2000/batch, and look for a batch file that starts up SignalGenerator together with the SignalProcessing and Application module you are using. Make a copy of that batch file, and replace "SignalGenerator" with "TMSi" in its name. Edit the renamed file, and replace "SignalGenerator.exe" with "TMSi.exe". After "TMSi.exe", add a space character and "--TMSiCheckImpedance=1". Then, double-click the batch file to start up BCI2000 with the TMSi module.

Hope this helps,
Juergen

rbibi

Post by rbibi » 05 Jul 2011, 17:29

Hi, Juergen.
1. The error (causing BCi2000 to freeze) in the system log window is as follows:
2011-07-05T17:05:34 - BCI2000 Started
2011-07-05T17:05:35 - Waiting for configuration ...2011-07-05T17:10:59 - TMSiADC::Process: Overflow occurred: 1 % Full= 25.

2. Yes I am modifying the signalgenerator batch file. My mistake was that I was trying to modify a parameter file with the text not the batch file. Your suggestion was perfect! However, the process of checking impedance is much different than accustomed to and the channels jump around quite a bit. Do you have any suggestion on how to best use this option?

3. I have another error:
2011-07-05T17:05:48 - LinearClassifier::Preflight: Element (bin) specification in
Classifier(2,input element (bin))=6
exceeds number of input elements.

Does this error affect setting the system up and testing data acquisition?

Best,

Raquel

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 06 Jul 2011, 09:00

Hi Raquel,

regarding 3): If you want to test data acqisition, and do no online processing, feedback, or stimulus presentation, then you should use the DummySignalProcessing and DummyApplication modules to avoid setup errors.

Regarding the remaining questions, I've asked someone who is more competent regarding the TMSi source module to answer them.

Best regards,
Juergen

jhill

Post by jhill » 06 Jul 2011, 16:59

TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks is a command-line parameter just like TMSiCheckImpedances, so must be used in the same way that Jürgen describes, e.g.:

Code: Select all

start TMSI.exe   --TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks=10
As the wiki says, the default value is 4 and whatever value you use must divide evenly into 100.

The two values reported in the error message (1 and 25 in the example you report) are returned directly by the manufacturer's API call that fails when the overflow occurs. I do not know how to interpret them: as far as I remember, they never made much sense to me.

I remember that we were never fully satisfied with the timing performance of this module, at least with the 136-channel Refa amp (a.k.a. QuickAmp). I think we were sometimes able to improve it by raising the process priority of the source module, like so:

start /high   TMSI.exe   --TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks=10
or even:

start /realtime   TMSI.exe   --TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks=10

darvish_sam

Post by darvish_sam » 13 Sep 2012, 08:35

Hi Everyone,
This thread looks old, but if anyone follows it, I had the same problem with the Refa8 TMSI 64 channel EEG amplifier and it could be solved with adding "TMSiBufferSizeInSampleBlocks=100" to the batch file after TMSi.exe

I hope it would be of some assistance.

Sam