BIOSEMI Source module

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
dkiviat

BIOSEMI Source module

Post by dkiviat » 28 Jun 2011, 20:26

I'm a new user, and I'm trying to use BCI 2000 to work with a Biosemi II EEG. As I don't have a great deal of C++ experience, I just downloaded the extended binary distribution, and since I wasn't sure as to whether or not it was still necessary, I also put Labview_dll.h in the BCI2000\prog directory. I'm starting out just trying the cursor tracker, so I modified the appropriate batch file to call biosemi2.exe, but whenever I try to run the batch file I get the notice:

Biosemi2adc::constructor: Drivers not present

I have tried running this both with the amplifier turned on and off, and I did check to make sure that ACTIVIEW (biosemi's software) was able take in EEG data. Do I need to build this module after all, and if I do need to build it, do I need access to the source code? Also, I haven't set up any parameter files yet for the biosemi2 module. Is there a list any where of the parameters this module takes in, and what different parameter values mean?

I know many of these questions are probably fairly basic, but I would be very appreciative for any advice!

gschalk

Re: BIOSEMI Source module

Post by gschalk » 28 Jun 2011, 20:34

You have to install the Biosemi drivers. Otherwise, Windows does not recognize the amp.

Gerv

dkiviat

Post by dkiviat » 29 Jun 2011, 14:59

Thank you for the reply. As I said, I have been able to use Actiview (version 605) to pull data from the biosemi hardware, however to be safe I updated the USB drivers to the latest version available off of the Biosemi webpage and the problem persists. Do the BCI 2000 files need to be in any special directory, as right now I just have the bci folder on my desktop. Also, my computer does not have labview, is labview necessary or do I just need the dll that gets distributed with the module?

gschalk

Post by gschalk » 29 Jun 2011, 15:39

Hmmmm,

I know that BCI2000 works perfectly with the V1.1 drivers. I do not know about the higher driver numbers. You definitely do not need Labview.

Gerv

dkiviat

Post by dkiviat » 29 Jun 2011, 16:20

I just spoke to support at Biosemi, and the issue might be that the signal is not compatible with the new biosemi drivers. Does anyone know whether or not it was ever updated to handle the new drivers (also for the record Im working on an XP machine)?

dkiviat

Post by dkiviat » 26 Jul 2011, 18:54

I want to give an update in case anyone else runs into this problem, as I think another user ran into a similar problem (http://72.249.19.64/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... bd9e59b5ec) First, in my earlier post I mistakenly refer to labview_dll.h, this is incorrect, the actual dll file is needed in the bci 2000 program folder. Between the bio semi usb drivers, and actiview, there are two versions of the labview dll floating around. Make sure that the version saved into your bci2000/program directory is 48kb large, the other labview_dll.dll will not work.

edit: linked to the wrong post

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 02 Aug 2011, 09:49

Thanks for identifying and fixing this issue. In response to your postings, the Labview_DLL file has been restored in the SVN repository, and will be available in the /prog directory of future BCI2000 installations (beginning with version 3.0.3).