RE: Emotiv BCI2000 driver

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
tawilliams

RE: Emotiv BCI2000 driver

Post by tawilliams » 21 Jun 2011, 18:48

I am running a 32bit system with windows 7. I am having problems getting my Emotiv Epoc to work on the BCI2000 platform.

I have compiled the driver for the Emotiv for the BCI2000 platform as described.....http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/P ... tart_Guide.

I downloaded the BCI2000 source code with tortoiseSVN
I then used CMake2.8 to compile a project file
and then Built BCI2000 and Drivers using Visual C++ 2010 Express...

All as described!!!!

The Emotiv appeared in the other section of the BCI Launcher. The Launcher is not receiving any data packages from the device and the system remains idle, with no status..

I am also getting the following error when I attempt to run any test.bat etc... opencv_core220.dll is missing.......

I downloaded the file: vcredist_x86.exe.... and it makes no different, it keeps telling me that the program may have not installed correctly?????

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a million

Tiernan :?:

doug.davies

Re: RE: Emotiv BCI2000 driver

Post by doug.davies » 22 Jun 2011, 19:12

OpenCV is included in the external libraries under the source for BCI2000. The missing file should have compiled when you built the project, I believe. Are you sure the build completed successfully, and have you tried re-downloading and rebuilding?

Also, and I apologize if this is an inane question, are you sure the Epoc headset is on and connected when you are launching the application? I recently set up a system using the Epoc headset, and BCI2000 will not launch if the headset is not on and connected. We just run the Emtoiv control panel at all times to verify this (and monitor the electrode connection sites).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful here.

Doug

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 24 Jun 2011, 11:39

This was a bug in the BCI2000 build system -- OpenCV DLLs were not copied into the prog directory when building source modules with the WebcamLogger extension enabled.
You might either rebuild the Emotiv source module after updating your source code from SVN, or manually copy the missing DLLs from extlib/opencv/lib/msvc.

Thanks for reporting the problem,
Juergen

tawilliams

Post by tawilliams » 01 Jul 2011, 12:45

Thanks a million. That resolved the issue