configuration with Micromed

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
paolobernardis

configuration with Micromed

Post by paolobernardis » 05 Oct 2010, 04:13

Hi, :D :D

We are currently using Micromed (SystemPLUS EVOLUTION) and we have connected it to the BCI2000 software. BCI2000 and Micromed are running on two seperate machines (PC) that communicate via ethernet.

I have downloaded both Micromed.exe and modified the "StimulusPresentation_Micromed" batch file:

I have also altered the Serveraddress to the IP address and port of the computer running the Micromed/acquire software.

I start the Acquire server using the parameters.
The "SourceSignal" displays the selected channels, but in the "System Log" window appears:

"Warning:MicromedADC::Initialize: Connection to Micromed client timed out after 60s.
-SignalProcessing confirmed new parameters...
-User Application confirmed new parameters..."

and in the "Operator" window the start button does not become active.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 05 Oct 2010, 08:39

Paolo,
you need to configure the Micromed system such that it connects to the BCI2000 machine, because BCI2000 acts as a server when receiving data from a Micromed system.

There is a description of the necessary configuration on the Micromed contribution page:
http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/C ... stallation

Best regards,
Juergen

eaarnou

Re: configuration with Micromed

Post by eaarnou » 06 Oct 2010, 03:14

paolobernardis wrote:Hi, :D :D

I have also altered the Serveraddress to the IP address and port of the computer running the Micromed/acquire software.

The "SourceSignal" displays the selected channels
Dear Paolo,

As Jurgen said, Micromed is the Client, BCI2000 is the server. This means that the Serveraddress is the address of the BCI2000 computer, not the Micromed computer.
A simple "*:5000" will do (if 5000 is your portnumber), meaning listen to all IP addresses (localhost and external)

With "SourceSignal displays the selected channels" do you mean that you actually see an EEG signal? That would be strange.

Try "*:5000", hope this solves your problem.

Regards,
Erik Aarnoutse