NIDAQ compatibility

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
nabeel

NIDAQ compatibility

Post by nabeel » 02 May 2007, 03:54

Dear All,

I was just wondering that NIsource of BCI2000 can also work with M series NI DAQs? Did anybody work on M series DAQs with BCI?
May be its a type of silly question, but i have to buy a DAQ and the system will be using BCI2000, so want to confirm it first rather changing M series to already tested E sereis after buying.
Many thanks in advance

Nabeel

nabeel

Post by nabeel » 21 May 2007, 08:04

Let me narrow down the problem. My understanding is NI has two kind of drivers, one is traditional drivers and other are DAQmx driver. Does BCI200 only support tradional driver?

The problem i am facing is NIDAQ32.dll file missing while i try to connect NI source module. DAQmx drivers dont use NIDAQ32.dll file as it is used by tradional drivers.
so is there any help regarding using new NI DAQ cards which only comes with DAQmx drivers and does not allow NI source module to connect.

Regards,

Nabeel

gschalk

NIDAQ

Post by gschalk » 22 May 2007, 08:13

Nabeel,

Thank you very much for your question regarding the NI Source module. Indeed, this was developed for traditional drivers and tested on several E-series boards.

From what you are saying, it is most likely that the new drivers that came with your card are not compatible with the old driver model, and thus not with the NISource module for BCI2000. There is currently no source module that supports the new driver model. There are two possibilities for what can be done:

1) Implement support for the new driver model into the NISource module
2) Install the old drivers, assuming they support your board

We will be glad to assist you in case you would like to implement support for the new driver model yourself. Alternatively, please contact me with questions regarding the old drivers.

The Gerv