Changing Filtering Options for Cursor Task

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
schiang

Changing Filtering Options for Cursor Task

Post by schiang » 31 Jul 2019, 16:00

Hello,

I would like to change the filtering options listed for the cursor task module to be more flexible. For example, instead of a potential 1 Hz high pass and a 9Hz low pass filter, how would we change the program so that we can get a range from 5-10 Hz for example (See attached screenshot)?

If this filtering cannot be changed, then how would we control a cursor with just one frequency band? More specifically, if we want to allow theta or alpha power control the cursor, what are some tips to modify the code to do that? I understand that we have to, at some point, control the x and y coords of the cursor somehow by our EEG data.

If you need more information, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send plenty of screenshots.

Thank you
Attachments
QonFilt.PNG

mellinger

Re: Changing Filtering Options for Cursor Task

Post by mellinger » 01 Aug 2019, 10:07

Hi,

the parameters you show are part of the DSI source. You do not normally use these to adjust the BCI2000 control signal. Rather, you use the LinearClassifier filter to select output elements of the SpectralEstimator filter.
Please, see the mu rhythm tutorial for a description how to select locations and frequencies for a feedback experiment:
https://www.bci2000.org/mediawiki/index ... e_Feedback

schiang

Post by schiang » 01 Aug 2019, 14:06

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am struggling to find the file normally found in "parms/examples/SMR_basket_task.prm"

Also, do you have to have this file to properly run a feedback expriment just using theta or alpha rhythms?

Thank you once more
Attachments
question2.PNG

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 16 Aug 2019, 09:26

Hello,

you need a recent version of BCI2000 to have this file.
You can use parms/mu_tutorial/MuFeedback.prm rather than SMR_basket_task.prm. In any case, I suggest you use on of the files as a template or it will be difficult to get everything right.