gStimBox error

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
ageronimo

gStimBox error

Post by ageronimo » 31 Oct 2017, 11:21

Hi, i was able to follow the instructions at https://www.bci2000.org/mediawiki/index.php/Contributions:StimBoxFilter to compile the g.StimBoxFIlter. (R5404)

I am running a batch file that calls the following programs

Start executable gUSBampSource --local --StimBoxFilter=8
Start executable P3SignalProcessing --local
Start executable P3Speller --local

In the configuration window, in the gSTIMbox tab, i set "EnableStimBoxFilter" to 8 (the StimBox appears on COM8).

When i press set config, i get the following error:
64-bit Library "gSTIMbox" could not be loaded, but is necessary for P3Speller to run. More information may be available at:

I tried this on a 32 bit version as well (from looking at the other solutions to this 64-bit library problem in the forum), but received a similar error.
32-bit Library "gSTIMbox" could not be loaded, but is necessary for P3Speller to run.
NOTE: You are running a 32-bit executable on a 64-bit Windows installation. This requires a 32-bit version of the "gSTIMbox" DLL to be available. 32-bit system DLLs must reside in the SysWOW64 (yes, actually "64") subdirectory of your Windows system directory. More information may be available at:

This is my first time using the g.StimBox, and i didnt install any software for it. Am i missing a step? Thanks in advance for any help!
-Andrew

ageronimo

Re: gStimBox error

Post by ageronimo » 06 Dec 2017, 10:09

UPDATE - i was missing a step.

Had to install the g.stimbox drivers