How to configure online prediction

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
jewatts

How to configure online prediction

Post by jewatts » 28 Apr 2016, 05:25

Hi,
I am currently using a research edition Emotiv epoc coupled with BCI2000, matlab and bcilab. However I am stuck with regards to configuring the online analysis and using the output prediction.

I had some issues with the online session crashing in a previous thread, this seems like it was due to a dimension mismatch while using the 'distribution' prediction output, I have no idea why. Changing this to 'expectation' or 'mode' lets the system run correctly though due to their single value output.

My question though is where is this prediction being output to and how can I use it?
I only have a simple set up whereby left and right movements are classified and these are marked within the data recordings. Presumably a prediction is being output after every onscreen trial so how can I use this to send an output movement to an external device? I believe it involves using the online analysis matlab scripts from bcilab, but isn't BCI2000 already using these to create the prediction based on a previously created model?

Sorry for the vague explanation but I'm currently at a loss for how to continue. I can write matlab code but other then that I am not a programmer.

ps - I've found that bcilab cannot load BCI2000 data on matlab 2015 because the eeglab dependency does not load properly due to the UI control code changes in newer matlab versions. So if anyone has a code fix for this that would be helpful. If not 2013 works.

Thank you.

jewatts

Re: How to configure online prediction

Post by jewatts » 29 Apr 2016, 07:29

So I believe I have to edit the bci_process function, from here I seem to be able to determine what happens based on the calculated prediction. But can I output to a port to interact with an external device?

I realize this seems to relate to BCILAB, but there doesn't appear to be a specific BCILAB forum like this one for BCI2000.

pbrunner

Re: How to configure online prediction

Post by pbrunner » 09 May 2016, 11:48

jewatts,

I cannot answer the specific questions regarding BCILab, however I will forward the issue that you have reported concerning the loading of BCI2000 data in BCILab to the appropriate BCILab person.

Concerning, the prediction of the left/right movement, can you please explain your experiment, as the analysis as well as the online prediction depends on whether you are interested in evoked responses or in power augmentations.

Regards, Peter