Connection with EB Neuro amplifier

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
BCItrieste

Connection with EB Neuro amplifier

Post by BCItrieste » 07 Apr 2014, 11:40

Dear All,

we would like to use BCI2000 in connection, as input device, with Mizar Sirius amplifier (EB Neuro). Is it possible to do so?Should we implement a new batch and/or modules?
The software used to record brain signal is Galileo NT. We are wondering if there are known issues about possible conflicts between Galileo and BCI2000.
Thanks for your attention,
kind regards

Marcello

boulay

Re: Connection with EB Neuro amplifier

Post by boulay » 07 Apr 2014, 21:03

There are 3 ways I can think of to connect BCI2000 to an amplifier:
  • 1) The amp manufacturer has an API to allow 3rd party programs to interface with amplifier. For example, see the gUSBampSource module. This requires that the hardware is directly connected (e.g., via USB) to the computer running the BCI2000 source module.
    2) The amp recording software makes the data available through a server. 3rd party programs are clients that connect to this server. For example, see the RDAClient signal source module.
    3) The amp has analog outputs, and you connect to those analog outputs with yet another amplifier/digitizer. I do this with an Alpha Omega medical device.
If the manufacturer cannot provide you with an API for the amp, and if their recording software does not make the data available in real-time through a client-server protocol, and if the amp does not have any analog outputs, then I'm afraid I don't know how to access the data in real-time with BCI2000. I looked at the website for the hardware you mentioned but I could not find clear evidence for any of these methods. You should ask them directly.

BCItrieste

Re: Connection with EB Neuro amplifier

Post by BCItrieste » 08 Apr 2014, 05:16

Thanks for your kind reply...we will ask them all these info and...fingers crossed! :D
Thanks again..