Can't click on "Config", "Set Config" and "Start" buttons

This forum deals with BCI2000 configuration issues.
aro_slo

Can't click on "Config", "Set Config" and "Start" buttons

Post by aro_slo » 03 Sep 2012, 18:18

Hi everybody.

I'm a Windows Vista 32bit user and an absolute beginner BCI2000 user; I can't figure out how to solve the following problem:

-I've downloaded and installed the " BCI2000Setup.exe " file in " C:\Program Files " directory ;
-I wanted to know if everything was working well, so I've tried to lauch C:\Program Files\BCI2000\CursorTask_SignalGenerator by double clicking on the file's name ; the result is the " operator 3.0.5 " opening with blocked buttons (the only one which works is the quit button); under the 4 buttons one can read : "Waiting for connection"|"Waiting for configuration.."|"No status available"|Waiting for configuration.." ; here follows the System Log :

2012-09-03T23:57:08 - BCI2000 Started
2012-09-03T23:57:08 - Started "SignalGenerator"
2012-09-03T23:57:08 - Waiting for configuration ...
2012-09-03T23:57:08 - Started "SpectralSignalProcessing"
2012-09-03T23:57:08 - Started "CursorTask"
2012-09-03T23:57:08 - Waiting for configuration ...

Where am i wrong, what are my mistakes?

I add that I get the same (or similiar) answer lauching any other batch file or .exe file; e.g. when I double click on the C:\Program Files\BCI2000\prog\Operator.exe file, every button is blocked but now one can read
"Waiting for connection "|" No status avalaible "|" No status avalaible "|" No status avalaible "|

Thanks for helping me!

boulay

Re: Can't click on "Config", "Set Config" and "Start" button

Post by boulay » 03 Sep 2012, 21:16

It sounds like Operator is not connecting to the modules. BCI2000 modules communicate with each other via tcp/ip. You may need to disable your firewall or except the BCI2000 exes from being blocked.

aro_slo

Post by aro_slo » 04 Sep 2012, 03:55

H boulay, thank you for helping me.

I've tried to disable my firewall, my antivirus and "Windows defender" , but it's still not working and nothing seems to be changed!
What else can I do?

boulay

Post by boulay » 05 Sep 2012, 05:18

It is possible to reproduce the behavior you described in your original post by launching only Operator, then SignalGenerator, then CursorTask. This tells me that the SpectraSignalProcessing module never launched or it never connected to the operator.

Try running C:\Program Files\BCI2000\prog\BCI2000Launcher.exe
Select "SignalGenerator" under Signal Source, "ARSignalProcessing" under Signal Processing, and "CursorTask" under Application.

You can also try using the combinations of "P3SignalProcessing" and "P3Speller" to see if that will work.
I add that I get the same (or similiar) answer lauching any other batch file or .exe file; e.g. when I double click on the C:\Program Files\BCI2000\prog\Operator.exe file, every button is blocked but now one can read
"Waiting for connection "|" No status avalaible "|" No status avalaible "|" No status avalaible "|
This is expected behavior when launching only Operator.exe . It will sit there waiting for other modules to connect to it. Once you also launch a Source Module, a Signal Processing Module, and an Application Module, then the buttons should become available. The batch file takes care of launching the necessary modules for you (it also provides a convenient place to add extra command line parameters).

rmeattini

Post by rmeattini » 09 Jan 2014, 06:32

Hi all,

I'm new here. My name is Roberto, I am doing research for master thesis on BCI and I would like to use BCI2000.

I have exactly the same problem: when I try to launch C:\Program Files\BCI2000\CursorTask_SignalGenerator by double clicking on the file's name, the result is the " operator 3.0.5 " opening with blocked buttons (the only one which works is the quit button).

Did you find any solution?

I already tryed to launch C:\Program Files\BCI2000\prog\BCI2000Launcher.exe and select "SignalGenerator" under Signal Source, "ARSignalProcessing" under Signal Processing, and "CursorTask" under Application: it happens the same.

I also launch a Source Module, a Signal Processing Module, and an Application Module; nothing changes, I can't do this procedure because I have the follow error:
"SignalSourse: Another SignalSource Module is currently running. Only one instance of each module may run at a time"... I don't undestand why!

If you can help me, it would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Roberto

boulay

Post by boulay » 09 Jan 2014, 08:56

Sometimes the modules don't exit very gracefully. Go into your task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del), look under processes and quit any processes that are BCI2000 related. Then try again.

rmeattini

Post by rmeattini » 09 Jan 2014, 09:07

I tryed it. There no BCI2000 process opened; I think that it is closed in the right way.

The problem persists. Any other idea?

boulay

Post by boulay » 09 Jan 2014, 10:35

Definitely try restarting your computer, just to be sure.

Assuming that doesn't work, then the problem means that one of the modules is not starting up and connecting to Operator properly.

What if you try using BCI2000Launcher and choosing different modules? For example, try using
SignalGenerator
DummySignalProcessing
DummyApplication

If that doesn't work, then I would recommend redownloading the precompiled BCI2000 binaries.

Ramiro

Post by Ramiro » 28 Apr 2014, 19:33

Hi I had the same problem. In my case I did not load the module gMOBIlabPlus.exe, then copy gMOBIlabPlus.dll in the prog folder and problem solved.