Strange compiling error

Known Issues and Problems with BCI2000
Jeremy

Strange compiling error

Post by Jeremy » 29 Oct 2009, 06:42

Hi,

I just downloaded (with TortoiseSVN) the source code to my new computer, and launched the build process of all projects in C++ Builder 6.
(I've already downloaded, compiled and used BCI2000 on two other computers with the same software)

Everything works fine until it gets to the gMobilab project. I get the error listed below.

The thing is, I compiled inividually gMobilabPlus just afterwards (to check) and it worked.
I compiled all the subsequent projects without an error.

Since the PCHIncludes.h file is included in every single project, it obviously is there, and C++ Builder can find it. I wonder why can't it find it for this particular file...

I even checked while compiling CursorTask: it compiles ArithmeticExpression normally. I'm puzzled

Hope you can help!
Build
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(12): E2209 Unable to open include file 'PCHIncludes.h'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(22): E2209 Unable to open include file 'cmath'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(23): E2209 Unable to open include file 'string'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(24): E2209 Unable to open include file 'stdexcept'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(25): E2209 Unable to open include file 'iostream'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(15): E2209 Unable to open include file 'sstream'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(16): E2209 Unable to open include file 'string'
[C++ Error] ExpressionParser.y(32): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ExpressionParser.y(32): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(37): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(48): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(48): E2293 ) expected
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(49): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(49): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(55): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(55): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(56): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(56): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(57): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.h(57): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(27): E2209 Unable to open include file 'BCIError.h'
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(29): E2282 Namespace name expected
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(36): E2090 Qualifier 'std' is not a class or namespace name
[C++ Error] ArithmeticExpression.cpp(36): E2293 ) expected

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 29 Oct 2009, 10:04

Jeremy,

I can compile all projects without problems using C++ Builder 6.
In any case, you should make sure to install all available updates to C++ Builder before compiling BCI2000.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Juergen

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » 29 Oct 2009, 10:49

Juergen,

first of all, thanks for the quick reply!

I managed to bypass the problem... I opened the gMobilab project on its own (instead of from the project group) and it worked...

I should have been more patient before running over here for help :roll:

Thanks anyway, and sorry for the bother!

Best,
Jeremy