gUSBampSource not working properly

Known Issues and Problems with BCI2000
Daviddk

gUSBampSource not working properly

Post by Daviddk » 21 Feb 2014, 05:58

Hi BCI2000 team

We are experiencing problems with running the gUSBampSource module/amplication. We have installed the gtec 3.0 driver and copy-pasted the gUSBamp.dll file into the SysWOW64 directory. When we try to run the application it shows:
"gUSBampSource.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

We are running 64-bit Operating System Windows 7 on a MSI Laptop.

We installed the same driver with BCI2000 on a DELL stationary with same OS with no problems.

Please help figuring out the problem. We need to make it work on the laptop for a show case.

All the best
Fred and Dave

boulay

Re: gUSBampSource not working properly

Post by boulay » 21 Feb 2014, 11:36

When you installed the driver, did you install the 32-bit driver or the 64-bit driver? The 32-bit driver installation will not complete on the 64-bit system, but it still puts the dll somewhere for you to find then copy to the SysWOW64 directory. I'm sorry I can't remember where it gets placed.

Also be sure that, if you are relying on the dll in the SysWOW64 directory, that you do not have a gUSBamp.dll in the BCI2000\prog directory. gUSBAmpSource.exe will use a dll it finds there first, if present, even if it is for the wrong architecture.

Finally, you could try compiling a 64-bit version of the source module.

If you are unable to fix the problem with the above dll trickery, and you are unable to compile the 64-bit module yourself, then let me know and I will send you one that I compiled last year.

Daviddk

Re: gUSBampSource not working properly

Post by Daviddk » 22 Feb 2014, 13:39

Thank you so much!

The "trying to install 32-bit" gave me the correct gUSBamp.dll file and everything seems to work just fine now :)