BCILauncher questions

Known Issues and Problems with BCI2000
ikara

BCILauncher questions

Post by ikara » 02 Dec 2011, 09:48

Hey,
I'm having some issues on properly using BCI2000Launcher.
I use it to load some .prm training files, for my p300 experiment, but i can't seem to be able to run them all.
I press Launch and the operator module loads with my last .prm file and after the session is finished i don't know how to proceed to the next .prm file.

I tried loading all 5 .prms on the Launcher together, clicked launch then start, but on "resume" after the session ended it wouldn't load the next .prm file. Instead it would just repeat the intensifications for the same .prm file.
I tried loading just one file on the Launcher, I launched it, and after the session finished, I've loaded another one and launched it, but still Operator retained the configuration of the very first file I loaded.

Am I doing something wrong?
I thought BCILauncher was to facilitate multiple .prms
For example instead of manually typing "THE QUICK BROWN FOX" every time i'm trying to get a data set to train the classifier, I could have 4 .prm files each containing a word, and I could load them all in the launcher at once. Then the operator would start the first .prm file and after the session finishes it would be ready to start the next one, and then the one after that... etc.
Isn't that how the Launcher is supposed to work, or maybe I misunderstood something (the documentation in the wiki wasn't helpful at all).

Looking forward to your reply

jawilson

Re: BCILauncher questions

Post by jawilson » 05 Dec 2011, 07:51

The launcher loads ALL of the prm files for each session. This is meant to facilitate using prm fragments, e.g., you can load source prm, processing prm, application prm, and general settings prm files all at once. It isn't really meant to be something like a scripting system, to load successive prm files in an experiment. To do that, you need to manually remove and replace each prm file. It is probably simpler to use a bat file if this is what you want to do.

Let me know if you need help configuring the bat files, or if you have other questions.
Thanks!
Adam