showing pictures

Forum for discussion on different user applications
gsudre

showing pictures

Post by gsudre » 19 Apr 2008, 21:41

Hello,

Is it possible to display several pictures at the same time with the current GUI? For example, if I wanted to display 6 pictures in a 2x3 matrix, what'd be the best way to do it? Or could you redirect me to an example/manual pages?

Thanks,

Gus

gschalk

2x3 matrix

Post by gschalk » 20 Apr 2008, 20:52

Gus,

There are two possibilities. You do not specify whether you want a 2x3 flashing matrix with pictures. You can configure the P3Speller to do this:

http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... pellerTask

Alternatively, in case you want to simply present a 2x3 matrix of images as a non-flashing stimulus, you need to use the StimulusPresentation task:

http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... tationTask

In this case, you will need to create one picture that has the 2x3 images in it (the stim. pres. task can only show one image at a time).

I hope this helps.

Gerv

gsudre

Post by gsudre » 20 Apr 2008, 21:14

Gerv,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like I'll have to look at the P3Speller code, because I'd like to specify the pictures composing the matrix in the configuration session, much like the parameters of the StimulusPresentationTask are defined.

However, I do not need the pictures to be flashing, but hopefully it's not that hard to figure out how to make this change in the speller code. I will, at some point, need to change a given picture in the matrix on the fly (i.e for every trial). Maybe I can use something similar to the highlighting code to do that.

Let me know if you can think of anything else that would help.

Thanks,

Gus

gschalk

P3Speller

Post by gschalk » 20 Apr 2008, 21:57

Gus,

You can parameterize the P3Speller such that you cannot see the flashing ("flashing" color is same as normal color). If you need help changing it further, let us know.

Gerv

Eli_GC

Flashing at time

Post by Eli_GC » 29 Apr 2008, 09:48

:?: Hello,

I would like to know if is possible to flash, in the matrix of P300Speller, one icon at time. That means that i don´t want to use the flashing first by rows and next by columns, just one icon of the row and column.
Thanks for your attention, :D

Eliana

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 29 Apr 2008, 12:13

Eliana,

flashing of individual P3 speller matrix entries is not available through parameter configuration.

However, you can achieve this by a slight modification to the P3SpellerTask source code in BCI2000/src/core/Application/P3Speller/P3SpellerTask.cpp. There, in P3SpellerTask::Initialize(), matrix elements are grouped into sets ("associations") which are then flashed collectively. By putting each matrix entry into its own set, entries will flash individually rather than grouped into rows/columns.

Feel free to ask for more details if you are interested in performing this modification.

HTH,
Juergen