BCI2000 Automation

Forum for discussion on different user applications
biocc

BCI2000 Automation

Post by biocc » 15 Aug 2016, 16:47

Hi

I'm using BCI2000 automation to run BCI2000 from an aplication in Matlab. I'm using the modules: Signal Generator, ARSignalProcessing, CursorTask. According to the parameters I'm using, I have only one trial. I'm having a problem when I want to resume a new trial from the application, because I don´t want to start up the modules again, and I need to keep visible the Source Signal window all the time.

My question is: Is it possible to change my parameters' configuration in order to terminate the recording with the Stop()method? Or which is the best way to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance for your answer

pbrunner

Re: BCI2000 Automation

Post by pbrunner » 15 Aug 2016, 17:45

Biocc,

I am not sure if I fully understand the issue, but I assume that you are asking these two questions:

1) Can you resume a data file? This is not possible, every time you send a start command to BCI2000 it will create a new data file.
2) Is there a better way of doing this? Yes if you just want to suspend the application, i.e., the CursorTask in your case, you can set the PauseApplication state using the SetStateVariable function in BCI2000Automation [1].

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... pplication