BIORADIO PG contribution

Forum for discussion on different user applications
luisghdzrojas

BIORADIO PG contribution

Post by luisghdzrojas » 15 Mar 2016, 13:50

Hi everybody !!

Now I´m usign BCI2000 for recording somethings experiments, as EEG register device I got the BIORADIO PG , but it doesnt work in BCI2000.

I think this happen because the Bioradio contribution ( appears in BCI200-wiki) it´s for Bioradio 150, not for BioRadio PG ( the BioRadio newest version ).

Do you know if the BCI2000 contribution exists for Bioradio PG?

Thanks in advance

pbrunner

Re: BIORADIO PG contribution

Post by pbrunner » 15 Mar 2016, 14:41

Luis,

thanks for your interest in BCI2000. At the moment we do not have a source module for the BioRadio PG. However, there is an SDK that you can download from the glneurotech.com website [1]. The SDK is actually very simple, however the SDK only provides a .net (C#) interface and no generic C or C++ interface. The most sensible approach is to touch base with Great Lake Neurotechnologies to ask for the possibility to support the implementation of an BioRadio PG acquisition module, as they previously did for the BioRadio 150. As there is already interest by other BCI2000 users in a BioRadio PG acquisition module, this may be an effort that Great Lake Neurotechnologies can justify.

I will send you a private email to bring you in contact with the people from Great Lake Neurotechnologies.

Regards, Peter

[1] https://glneurotech.com/bioradio/suppor ... -download/

dianamcasas

Post by dianamcasas » 27 May 2016, 15:00

Hi Luis and Peter,

Well, I have the same problem, the only difference is that my BioRadio is OG not PG.

I downloaded [1] https://glneurotech.com/bioradio/suppor ... -download/, it's work, but I want use stimulus presentation and other tools of BCI.

Thanks,

Diana

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 01 Jun 2016, 17:53

Dianamcasas,

I have send you a private email with instructions on how to contact great lakes neurotechnologies concerning the BCI2000 support for their BIORADIO PG hardware.

If you don't want to wait for this to happen, you still have the option to program this source module yourself. For this you need to use their C# .NET dll within a BCI2000 source module template. This requires that you have experience in C++ programming. Let me know if you are interested in pursuing this avenue.

Regards, Peter

dianamcasas

Post by dianamcasas » 27 Jul 2016, 14:46

Peter,

Thank you for your interest, well, I don´t want wait more by great lakes neurotechnologies give me a solution about this. So I could program in C++ or C#. I have programed in C# some time ago, but in this moment for my is more confortable program with C++. However, I don't know which file and lines change.I think should change .dll but I'm not sure, Can you help me?

Regards,

Diana

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 01 Aug 2016, 15:20

Dianamcasas,

there are two steps that you need to perform:

1) Create a new BCI2000 source module. For this please use the NewBCI2000Module.exe that you find in the build directory after building BCI2000. This will create a template C++ project with instructions that runs out of the box.

2) Call the managed DLL functions from your template C++ BCI2000 source module. This will require a bit of try an error, but essentially you need to call the functions in the DLL (as described in the BioRadio PG API documentation) from your C++ template project. By searching for "calling managed DLL from C++" you should find examples on how to do this. I would suggest to start with the simple opening/initializing of the device to see if your approach works. After this works and you have initialized the device you can in the process function acquire the data from the device.

I would suggest that you perform step 1 and the initialization in step 2. I will then walk you through the remaining items of step 2.

Regards, Peter