Roundtrip time Error

Forum for discussion on different user applications
rabiri

Roundtrip time Error

Post by rabiri » 12 Jan 2015, 11:46

Dear all,

I was running BCI2000 (3.0.5) and "cursortask_signalgenerator.bat" on our lab PC (with Windows 7 Enterprise) and after clicking on start button, I got the error: " DataIOFilter::Process: Roundtrip time consistently exceeds block duration". Meanwhile, I did not receive this error when I used my laptop [with windows 8]. I checked the "User Reference:Timing" and I read about the mentioned error and it seemed that I can take care of this error by changing the values in "VisualSourceDecimation" or "SampleBlockSize". This solution worked a little bit but not perfect. I was worried that this kind of solution causes undesired performance in my future work. I though maybe the problem is due to weak processor of my PC. So, I switched to a very powerful PC (with windows 7 Ultimate). I did not have the error till the time that I changed the operator of this powerful PC to Windows 7 Enterprise. Again, I am getting the same error.

Any one had the same problem (?). I am not sure what the problem is. It seems that BCI2000 (3.05) has problem with operator Windows 7 Enterprise.

Any help will be appreciated.
Reza

boulay

Re: Roundtrip time Error

Post by boulay » 12 Jan 2015, 12:54

I wonder if it's a disk IO problem. What happens if you set the source to not write the file?

Code: Select all

www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/User_Reference:Data_File_Formats

Code: Select all

SignalGenerator --FileFormat=NULL
(it might be Null, I can't remember).

If that doesn't work, identify the processes (in resource monitor) that is using the most CPU and report those back here.

rabiri

Post by rabiri » 12 Jan 2015, 17:09

Thanks for your reply,

I have just changed the operator on my PC to Windows 8 similar to my laptop. But, anyway, it still does not work even with setting the source to not write the file.
The CursorTask is running at around 14%,15% of CPU during operation on my PC and I am getting the error. I think that is too much compared to my laptop which I do not have this error and the process is around 1%,2% of CPU!! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Reza

boulay

Post by boulay » 12 Jan 2015, 17:36

Try changing CursorTask's RenderingQuality parameter to 0 (low). I'm guessing there's a problem with your video drivers for that particular combination of video card and version of Windows. If it was already low, try changing it to 1.

rabiri

Post by rabiri » 12 Jan 2015, 18:35

I switched the RenderingQuality setting to low (0)! It worked on two PCs which I had this problem with. Thank you very much!
But I think for future demonstration, choosing this low quality is not a good option. I was wondering if you had any suggestion to have a high quality as well. Is it a good idea to come back to its original operator (Window 7 Ultimate) to have the original compatibility? Or you may have another idea.

Thanks a lot,
Reza

boulay

Post by boulay » 12 Jan 2015, 20:08

I would try updating all the graphics cards drivers on the problematic machines. If that doesn't fix it then you may have to increase your block size a little bit. The graphics only get rendered once per block, so increasing your block size will decrease the rendering demands.

rabiri

Post by rabiri » 22 Jan 2015, 19:50

Sorry for this delay,
Thanks a lot, we updated the graphics card drivers on our both PC and it did work!

I appreciate your support.
Best,
Reza