Cursor task: enlarge edges of visual screen?

Forum for discussion on different user applications
gcisotto

Cursor task: enlarge edges of visual screen?

Post by gcisotto » 09 Oct 2014, 03:25

Dear all,

in a standard CursorTask application I am connecting my computer (screen 1920 x 1080) to a DELL monitor and I am setting WindowWidth to 1920, WindowHeight to 1080, WindowLeft to 1081, WindowTop to 0. I found no problems at the beginning, but recently I got a problem in the visualization and now I can't make my CursorTask application to fulfill the user screen. What should I check/modify? I tried to modified the parameters above but I didn't succeed.
Besides, sometimes I had the annoying effect of the cursor briefly interrupting. I am wondering how I can ensure no such events happen during my acquisitions. I thought some background activity could interfere with the application timing, but I don't know how to manage it.

Thank you in advance,
Giulia

boulay

Re: Cursor task: enlarge edges of visual screen?

Post by boulay » 09 Oct 2014, 14:19

Did you check the resolutions and relative positions of your monitors in Windows' screen settings?

As for the hiccup in the feedback, it's tough to know from your description what the source of the error is. You could try running your 4 BCI2000 processes (Operator, Source, SignalProcessing, Application) at a higher priority.

Also stop all non-essential processes. In Windows < 8, Click Start -> Run -> msconfig. Look through the items in Boot/Startup/Services. Disable/Remove anything non-essential then restart. It also helps to not connect to the internet if not needed because many services first check for a network connection before they wake up and do anything.

gcisotto

Re: Cursor task: enlarge edges of visual screen?

Post by gcisotto » 23 Oct 2014, 22:30

Hi Chad!

I haven't seen your reply till today, sorry.
Thanks a lot, I will check what you suggested.

Have a nice day!
Giulia