trigger on FieldTripBuffer

Forum for discussion on different signal processing algorithms
Marco Rotonda

trigger on FieldTripBuffer

Post by Marco Rotonda » 05 Feb 2009, 14:09

Hi there,
I would like to ask you how is it possible to give back a trigger signal if I need to trigger the signal of the application module of BCI2000 if I have not to trigger something happening in the signal processing module (FTBuffer), which actually is performing other things.
I'm explain better: I'm using FTBuffer as a signal processing and I plot something is happening from matlab. I'm using this as the feedback to the user. Meanwhile, as user application, I'm using the StimulusPresentation to give some audio stimulation that I whish to trigger. Reading the documentation the trigger should be give back to the amplifier via the signal processing module (http://www.bci2000.org/phpbb/viewtopic. ... ht=trigger) which is FTBuffer...

Is it possible to solve this problem?

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 06 Feb 2009, 09:25

Marco,

I'm not sure whether I understand what you want to do.

Are you going to present audio stimuli in a way that depends on what your Matlab code does? In this case, you cannot use the StimulusPresentation module without modification, and it might be easier to present audio stimuli from Matlab rather than using a separate application module for this purpose.

Or, are you going to use information about stimulus presentation in order to control behavior of your Matlab code? In this case, your Matlab code may use the "StimulusCode" event in the fieldtrip buffer in order to determine when a stimulus was presented, and which one it was.

Regards,
Juergen