transformation of data into BCI2000 data compatible.ForHelp!

Forum for discussion on different signal processing algorithms
victoria

transformation of data into BCI2000 data compatible.ForHelp!

Post by victoria » 04 Jun 2008, 04:31

we have developed a system (S) to perform the experiment by Labview. the system will save everything in BCI2000 data file. the signal part in this BCI2000 data file is not what I want. The signal I want is recorded from Neuroscan. The system (S) will send out an triggering signal to the NeuroScan.

Is there any way to write the signal from NeuroScan to the signal part of BCI2000 data file.

Thanks in advance!

Victoria

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 04 Jun 2008, 08:13

Victoria,

there is no tool available that allows to replace signal data in a BCI2000 data file after the recording has finished.

If you need to combine stimulus or feedback information recorded in a BCI2000 data file with brain signal data recorded elsewhere, then I suggest that you use the load_bcidat mex file to load BCI2000 data into Matlab.
Then, load the data recorded in NeuroScan format, e.g. using EEGLAB's Neuroscan import function.

I'm not sure whether I understand all aspects of your system but it is generally quite difficult to synchronize recorded data across two systems that do not share a common time base (BCI2000 vs Neuroscan), so I would recommend to avoid that problem by recording brain signal data into BCI2000 data files from the beginning.
You might consider switching to BCI2000's Neuroscan Acquire client source module for data recording (http://www.bci2000.org/tracproj/browser ... /Neuroscan). It will allow you to connect BCI2000 to your Neuroscan amplifier, to record brain signal data directly into BCI2000 format.

Regards,
Juergen