EEGLAB and BCI2000

Forum for discussion on different signal processing algorithms
shixiaoyue

EEGLAB and BCI2000

Post by shixiaoyue » 24 Jan 2008, 03:41

Hi,

I am using EEGLAB to analyze BCI2000 ASCII data, but I find it is not convenient to add event information to the data in EEGLAB. Specifically, I should first convert BCI2000 data files to ASCII files with only those States that I need, for example, the State of TargetCode, but not all; then I should import this ASCII data into EEGLAB, and then import Event Information from the data channels. However, if I need other States information concerning the data, I usually have to go back to step 1 to convert the original BCI2000 data to ASCII files again. Is there more convenient way to solve this problem? Are there any Tools to directly convert BCI2000 States information to EEGLAB Events Information?

Thank you!

jawilson

Post by jawilson » 24 Jan 2008, 19:08

Hello,
I wrote a plugin for EEGlab that imports data directly from a BCI2000 dat file (no bci2ascii CSV file), and lets you select a subset of states to analyze. It is already included in the distribution, under the tools folder. There should also be a pdf with instructions for installing it, and some examples. I have a had a few people tell me about potential bugs, but I have never been able to reproduce them, and I have a feeling they might have been EEGlab issues, but if you have any problems, feel free to email me directly at jawilson at cae dot wisc dot edu :-). To be honest, I have not used it much, so I have not really maintained it, but some other people in my lab are using it without much trouble.
Hope it works for you!
Adam

shixiaoyue

Post by shixiaoyue » 24 Jan 2008, 21:41

Hi,

Thank you for the help. That must save us lots of troubles!

Best regards,

shixiaoyue