NIDAQ

Forum for discussion on different signal processing algorithms
sdsmith

NIDAQ

Post by sdsmith » 22 Sep 2015, 05:32

Hi,

I've been working wanting to modify the NIDAQ in the BCI2000 project for some research I'm doing.

The issue is the original NIDAQ code that I downloaded from the BCI2000 website doesn't complie. When I compile it shows this (along with quite other) error/s. [Error] explicit specialization in non-namespace scope 'class Tiny::Ratio' This is from code in the Ratio header file. I tried downloading the source code again, but the result was the same. The code won't compile.

The NIDAQ C++ file is located in the folder BCI2000src/src/contrib/SignalScource/NIDAQ.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm very baffled as to why completed code shouldn't just compile. Is BCI2000 compatible to Windows 8?

Cheers,

Sdsmith

pbrunner

Re: NIDAQ

Post by pbrunner » 22 Sep 2015, 09:58

Sdsmith,

please note that the NIDAQ SDK is deprecated.

For that reason we now support the NADAQ-MX SDK through the NIDAQmx Source Module contribution [1].

I have verified that the NIDAQmx Source Module on the BCI2000 SVN trunk compiles, and functions properly on a 32-bit Win7 system.

To replicate this on your computer, please install TortoiseSVN, CMake and Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 including all updates up to SP4. Download the current BCI2000 svn trunk [2] and create a Visual Studio project by executing the "Make VS2012 Project Files.cmd" if you would like to build a 32-bit version of BCI2000 or "Make VS2012 Win64 Project Files.cmd" if you would like to build 64-bit version. Select "Y" for "all source modules" in the configuration screen. Please note that you will need to build BCI2000 in the same bitness as the NIDAQ-MX system drivers that you use.

Can you please provide more details on the modifications to the NIDAQ source module that you would like to implement. If these are general purpose enough, we would be interested in you contributing them back to the BCI2000 source code. Please let me know if this could be agreeable for you.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/C ... s:NIDAQ-MX
[2] http://www.bci2000.org/svn/trunk