signal control

Forum for discussion on different signal processing algorithms
RobinWang

signal control

Post by RobinWang » 05 Jan 2012, 03:11

Now i have some existing BCI2000 data, can we use this data to control the cursor task? and which tool should we use?
Thank you!
Best wishes!
ROBIN

jawilson

Re: signal control

Post by jawilson » 05 Jan 2012, 11:13

This is not something you can really do. Technically, you could use the FilePlayback module, but the CursorTask would have to be configured exactly the same for it to even begin to work, but even then it is probably not going to work as you intend it to. We really don't recommend doing this. BCi2000 is meant to be a real-time, online BCI tool, and is not intended for offline analyses.

The preferred method for learning about controlling the BCI is to use the SignalGenerator module, and configure it to modulate the signal amplitudes with the mouse. See the Wiki for more info on doing this, and let us know if you have further questions.

Adam

RobinWang

Post by RobinWang » 06 Jan 2012, 05:09

jawilson wrote:This is not something you can really do. Technically, you could use the FilePlayback module, but the CursorTask would have to be configured exactly the same for it to even begin to work, but even then it is probably not going to work as you intend it to. We really don't recommend doing this. BCi2000 is meant to be a real-time, online BCI tool, and is not intended for offline analyses.

The preferred method for learning about controlling the BCI is to use the SignalGenerator module, and configure it to modulate the signal amplitudes with the mouse. See the Wiki for more info on doing this, and let us know if you have further questions.

Adam
I want to use the competition data to train arithmetic, and now FilePlayback imports these data, but i don't know how to set the parameters of Sequencing in the application.
the data was from 2003 competition, two classes, we use the training data, 9s for each trial,
Attachments
trial.JPG

jawilson

Post by jawilson » 06 Jan 2012, 09:00

If these are BCI2000 data sets, you can use the BCI2000FileInfo tool to load the dat file and look at the sequencing parameters. However, because the sequences are randomly generated, AND because you don't have the random seed for these data sets, there is no way to recreate exactly the original experiment, i.e., the stimuli that appear in your runs will never be the same as the stimuli that were in the original experiment.

Again, BCI2000 really is not intended to be used for offline analysis, and we don't really support it. We all use Matlab for doing these types of analyses, and you gain nothing but difficulty trying to do it within the real-time BCI framework.

Adam

RobinWang

Post by RobinWang » 06 Jan 2012, 23:21

thanks for your answer!