Artifact removal/correction during feedback

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
GrahamLab

Artifact removal/correction during feedback

Post by GrahamLab » 25 Jul 2016, 15:04

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to implement some sort of artifact removal/correction (specifically for eye artifacts) during the feedback sessions of the cursor task. I am having difficulty with the control of the cursor during the feedback sessions and so I thought maybe the eye artifacts are getting in the way of the cursor control. I am very new to this and I do not have a lot of technical background. Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you

pbrunner

Re: Artifact removal/correction during feedback

Post by pbrunner » 01 Aug 2016, 14:42

Catalina,

out of the box there is no implementation for artifact removal/rejection in BCI2000, however if you know what you are looking for, you should be able to add a filter to your BCI2000 filter chain that suppresses cursor control if certain criterion are present. The way you would do that is to add a filter either in the beginning or in the spatial filter stage, that evaluates the amplitude of your signals for specific channels and sets the "PauseApplication" state to 1 when this amplitude is exceeded and to 0 after a certain number of blocks thereafter. This state will be evaluated by the CursorTask and will pause the processing of the information and hold the cursor where it is.

Let me know if this solution works for you.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... pplication