Reading Thoughts by human

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
ShouvikSarkar

Reading Thoughts by human

Post by ShouvikSarkar » 11 Mar 2016, 23:42

I want to know how we can use bci2000 to get human thoughts in human readable format ?

pbrunner

Re: Reading Thoughts by human

Post by pbrunner » 14 Mar 2016, 11:36

ShouvikSarkar,

to answer you question, we would need to know more specifically what you would like to accomplish.

Regards, Peter

ShouvikSarkar

Post by ShouvikSarkar » 28 Mar 2016, 05:27

Hello Peter

I am a victim of this technology. I want to do research in this field to save myself and many like me. That 's why i want to read thoughts of remote people. Does squid sensors work to capture brain signals and interface with bci2000 to decode it ? I also want to use the full technology like controlling, video etc.

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 28 Mar 2016, 09:06

ShouvikSarkar,

I can assure you that BCI technology is far from capable of what you intent to do. BCI2000 is intended as a research tool, mostly to develop assistive communication for people affected by debilitating neurological diseases. This communication requires the person to use the BCI intentionally to elicit brain signals strong enough to be picked up using EEG. These signals are then translated into simple commands such as the answer to a yes/no question. In other words, it is impossible to read thoughts of remote people. I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Peter