12/18/2014

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
eamohamed

12/18/2014

Post by eamohamed » 18 Dec 2014, 00:14

Hi to all!
I have a Enobio+ / BCI2000 system

I am working on the control of power wheelchair by BCI into four direction (left, right, backward and forward). I started with the mu tutorial, implementing the initial mu session of 4 mental tasks (left hand vs right hand vs both hand vs both feet). but now i want to use my owned algorithm using wavelet transform for feature extraction and SVM for classification. In BCI2000 they use linear classifier. so the first question is which one is easy and reliable, to introduce my algorithm inside BCI2000, and to send from BCI2000 to matlab the raw signals and process them in matlab and then connected the output to the wheelchair. Second, how the feedback can be connected to wheelchair?

waiting for you response.

Thank you in advance for your help

Eltaf

Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
Malaysia

boulay

Re: 12/18/2014

Post by boulay » 18 Dec 2014, 09:38

You can use the MatlabSignalProcessing module to transmit your data to Matlab, have it do the signal processing, then transmit the data back to BCI2000.
See here.

Then you can use $SomeApplication + AppConnector to send your control signals to the wheel chair. If you don't want any cues or trial segments then $SomeApplication would be DummyApplication, but if you do want trials with stimuli then use StimulusPresentation or CursorTask with AppConnector.

eamohamed

Re: control of power wheelchair by BCI

Post by eamohamed » 13 Jan 2015, 03:14

Dear boulay

Thank You very much for your previous responses.

I have been finished the initial session and the Offline-analysis to determine the channels/frequency bins. I will use Cursor Task with AppConnector to interface wheelchair.

Actually, I have read the link on Matlab signal processing module but I haven't found how to start. I have confuse between create new filter and Matlab based Filter. please guide me to find out Matlab signal processing module. First question, can I Implementing Matlab signal processing to the multiclass SVM, because it has specific software (LIBSVM). second how to do this.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Eltaf
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS
Malaysia

pbrunner

Re: 12/18/2014

Post by pbrunner » 30 Jan 2015, 00:05

Eltaf,

If you have managed to read through the MatlabFilter documentation [1], the next step should be to go through the MatlabFilter tutorial [2]. Let me know if this works for you.

Just as a side, note, whatever you implement in MATLAB, it has be perform within a block time of BCI2000. This block time is defined by samplerate / sampleblocksize. If your are performing computationally expensive functions, this may be difficult to fulfill.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/P ... tlabFilter
[2] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/P ... sed_Filter