Neuroscan 4.3 linear derivation file.

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
dmhui

Neuroscan 4.3 linear derivation file.

Post by dmhui » 29 Nov 2012, 15:02

Hi,

I am currently using Neuroscan 4.3 to record ERPs from two participants. I am using the neuroscan amplifier in such a way that allows me to record from two participants, where the reference for one subject is A1 and the reference for the other is A2. However, recently I have found that the A1 port on the amplifier does not seem to work, meaning that no brain waves were recorded from one participant.
Alternatively, I decided to set the references on neuroscan as (A1+A2)/2, basically telling neuroscan that its one brain and then using the linear derivation option to re-reference half ot he electrodes (belonging to one participant) with Cz, while the other participant's electrodes are referenced to A2.
According to the manual, I am able to create the linear derivation file with a standard text editor. The problem is that I am unable to upload or open this file in neuroscan because neuroscan does not recognize .txt extensions. Is there a way to convert .txt files to .ldr? Alternatively, how can I use the Montage editor to create the linear derivation file on neuroscan itself and avoid this problem?

Thanks for the help!

gschalk

Re: Neuroscan 4.3 linear derivation file.

Post by gschalk » 30 Nov 2012, 07:47

It seems like this may be a question for Neuroscan tech support, and not for the BCI2000 community.