Replay pre-recorded cursor position data with BCI2000

Forum for discussion on different brain signals
rabiri

Replay pre-recorded cursor position data with BCI2000

Post by rabiri » 25 Aug 2016, 17:37

Hello All,
I have a pre-recorded cursor position data file (X,Y). The data was recorded from a cursor control task for some minutes. I wonder how can I reload/replay this file by BCI2000 to be able to control the cursor position/velocity in cursor task application? For training phase for the subject, I want to control the cursor position/velocity with the computer and meanwhile trying to record the brain activities of a subject.

Thanks for your help,
Reza

pbrunner

Re: Replay pre-recorded cursor position data with BCI2000

Post by pbrunner » 08 Sep 2016, 11:02

Rabiri,

one way to accomplish what you want to do is to use the DummySignalProcessing module with the ExpressionFilter. You load the data into MATLAB (load_bcidat), where you create the necessary velocity values for x and y and store them into a new state. You then save the data file to a new one (save_bcidat) You then use the ExpressionFilter where you specify these two states to transfer them to the CursorTask application. Let me know if this works.

Regards, Peter

rabiri

Re: Replay pre-recorded cursor position data with BCI2000

Post by rabiri » 20 Mar 2017, 20:10

Hello Peter,
Thanks for your reply and support.

I am working with BCI2000 (3.0.5). I could save the data and velocities into a new file (by using save_bcidat). Right now, I have the ExpressionFilter, but I am not sure how to tell BCI2000 to read my saved file. ExpressionFilter has three options: StartRunExpression, StopRunExpression, and Expressions. What should I do to be able to read my saved data particularly the new states?

I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Reza