stimulus presentation image requirements

General information about brain-computer interfaces
mbundesmann

stimulus presentation image requirements

Post by mbundesmann » 16 Sep 2021, 05:06

Hello all,
I'm a German student and aim to record EEG data for a classification task using the BCI2000 software and I stumbled upon some questions on how to use it. To keep everything well structured I create a separate post for each question.

For the stimulus presentation I try to display multiple .bmp images one after another. However, the requirements (must be .bmp) seems to be too vague, as some of my images can be displayed just fine while others cannot be loaded at all. I tried to use various bit depths and pixel sizes but it looks like none of these parameters determines if the picture can be loaded and displayed. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

mellinger

Re: stimulus presentation image requirements

Post by mellinger » 17 Sep 2021, 09:11

We have not noticed any special requirements for .bmp files. However, the top left pixel of a .bmp file is taken as the "transparent" color, so if you want to present monochrome images, you should put a frame around them.

If you use the current version of BCI2000, it will be able to load images in all formats supported by libav (ffmpeg library).

HTH,
Juergen

mbundesmann

Re: stimulus presentation image requirements

Post by mbundesmann » 13 Oct 2021, 04:08

Thanks for both your answers. I will see if I can upgrade to the newer version of the software.
Cheers!