P3 system using only BCI2000 classifier

General information about brain-computer interfaces
jburnison

P3 system using only BCI2000 classifier

Post by jburnison » 31 Aug 2015, 18:13

Hello there,
I have had a lot of trouble using 64bit windows system, g.HIamp and BCI2000 for acquisition so am looking for alternative solutions. I have a user interface/application written in python that I would like to use. I have a custom python data acquisition system that can stream data and run python code in real time. I'm at the stage of writing my own LDA decoder in python but would rather not reinvent the wheel. I am using python 2.7 primarily and have seen that BCPy2000 doesn't work with this and don't think this the best solution.

I am looking for advice in using BCI2000/matlab code in my system to do the classification. I am pretty confident I can manipulate the streaming data but would like any advice in how best to use existing BCI2000 tools to do the training, format the stepwisefit() output for use in real-time classification and send the result back to a python program. I saw some suggestions on using 'MATLAB signal processing' instead of UDP between python and MATLAB. My C knowledge is very rusty but would be open to wrapping BCI2000 C++ but haven't done this before. Open to suggestions. I'm sure there is useful info I've left out so shoot questions.

pbrunner

Re: P3 system using only BCI2000 classifier

Post by pbrunner » 31 Aug 2015, 20:45

Jburnison,

we have just added 64-bit support to the BCI2000 build system and tested it with the g.HIamp. With this, the g.HIamp works out of the box on 64-bit Windows systems after installing the corresponding 64-bit g.HIamp driver. We are beta testing this right now. Let me know if you would like to join the beta and I can send you a binary, or alternatively you can go ahead and build it yourself using the BCI2000 SVN trunk and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Express. Let me know.

Concerning the BCPy2000, I think there were a few smaller issues, most of which have been fixed. The remaining ones should be fixed within the next few weeks. Let me know if you also would like to beta test this.

Regards, Peter

jburnison

Post by jburnison » 01 Sep 2015, 10:26

Hi Peter,
I'd be happy to beta test. I'm glad to hear about support for gHIamp. I've seen some issues people had in the forums and just couldn't find the right build I guess. I think I have VS 2008, maybe 2010 express on the machine intended for eeg acquisition. Is that a show stopper? Should I get the 2012 version? If you could send the binary that would actually be great! The 64bit driver is installed now and we've been using simulink. If that issues is resolved I guess I should ask about using a python application module. Maybe a new thread is in order for that though.

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 01 Sep 2015, 10:33

Jburnison,

I will send you the links to the last two beta binaries in a private e-mail.

For the source code please download the BCI2000 SVN trunk [1] and use Visual Studio 2012 to compile it. For this you find two batch files in the build directory, one for the regular 32-bit build and one for the 64-bit build.

For the beta test, please report back in detail any problems that you encounter in using the binaries and in compiling the source code.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/svn/trunk