How to increase maximum recording points?

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
slee87

How to increase maximum recording points?

Post by slee87 » 17 May 2011, 11:32

I am working on developing neural recording system. The hardware we designed has a sampling rate of 540 k sample per second (540 kSps) consisting of 36 channels. Therefore, each channel has a sampling rate of 15 kSps. I made a source module in order to accept the data from our hardware. It works fine.

I modified 'CursorTask' project in order to make the function what I want. Mainly, I just reimplemented SignalSource module, and used the existing modules, ARSignalProcessing and CursorTask.

When I press 'Start' button in operate module in order to record data acquisition signals into files, I found that only 2081280 points per channel can be recorded. In this case, around 2 minutes of data. How to increase the recording time?

Another problem is that since I used directly CursorTask module for application, when I press 'start' button, I can see 3D ball is moving. I do not need this function because I only need save raw data into file. Can I eliminate these features? Because it seems to make system slow, and sometimes data loss is generated. Especially, when '3D ball' is moving.

Thank you very much.

gschalk

Re: How to increase maximum recording points?

Post by gschalk » 17 May 2011, 13:07

You could make the output window 1 pixel wide (so it would effectively disappear) using the parameters in the Application menu; you could also change the Quality (or so) parameter in the Application tab to "Low" (2D drawing instead of 3D); or you could simply take out all the code of the CursorTask so that it simply doesn't do anything.

It sounds like in your present configuration, the system is too slow. Check also the FAQs on doc.bci2000.org http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/User_FAQ about timing issues.

If you configure BCI2000 so that your system can keep up, you will not lose data.

Gerv

jawilson

Post by jawilson » 20 Jun 2011, 23:17

This is a little old, but I wanted to add that there is a DummyApplication module available, that displays nothing as well. This allows you to record as long as necessary, without worrying about the recording stopping.
Adam

slee87

Post by slee87 » 05 Aug 2011, 14:55

I could not find DummyApplication Module.
Where can I get this module?

Thank you.