BCI2000 Neurosky mindset Beginner help

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
jacky1990

BCI2000 Neurosky mindset Beginner help

Post by jacky1990 » 05 Oct 2010, 13:03

Hi,

i am new to this forum,

I need to know if neurosky works BCI2000 and has been tested with it ?
If BCI2000 supports neurosky, Is there a neurosky driver developed for BCI2000 , is it just plugin and play (and no modifications to be made to the source) ?
Does it work well with the P300 scenario ?
If there are any user who had tried neurosky with BCI2000, and used it with the p300 scenario please share your views on this

Looking forward for your Help.

thanks

griffin.milsap

Neurosky

Post by griffin.milsap » 11 Oct 2010, 18:37

Hello and welcome to the BCI2000 community!

I developed the Neurosky module for BCI2000. It currently only works with BCI2000 V3.0 which is our new branch. It has been tested for stability and appears to work. The signal is pushed through the system as with any other device.

Unfortunately, limited sample rate and number of channels put this device at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the other devices BCI2000 supports. The device has not yet been tested with the P3Speller, so I can not attest to how well it detects the P300 response. The fact that the electrode is (semi) movable is promising however.

I am unaware of anybody actually using the Neurosky with BCI2000, but it is possible.

If you wanted to give it a shot, getting up and running is easy enough. All you need to do is download the (alpha) 3.0 development branch from svn, compile it as documented on the wiki, and choose to build the "Neurosky" module in the process. Install the Neurosky drivers and software, then bring up the BCI2000 suite with the Neurosky source module. It should be plug and play at that point. More documentation on the Neurosky module can be found here.

http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/C ... s:NeuroSky

If you have any problems with the module, let me know.

-Griff