Modular Installation

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
rjavadi1

Modular Installation

Post by rjavadi1 » 22 Jul 2010, 11:29

Hello,

My name is Roxane; I am new to the BCI2000 program and hope to ultimately connect this software to Neuroscan (SynAmps 2 and Scan 4.3). However, I do not want to install BCI2000 on the computer that contains the Neuroscan software for fear of jeopardizing the SynAmps system. Fortunately, we currently have another computer that we use for stimulus presentation and have heard that it is possible to install the four BCI2000 modules seperately. If this is true, would it be possible to install the Source Module on the computer containing the Scan4.3 Software and the other modules on the second computer? Also, how would these modules comunicate? Currently, the stimulus presentation computer can "talk" to the Acquisition computer (through a serial port connection) but I assume we need the communication to go the other way as well. Will that be possible?

Thank you,
Roxane

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 23 Jul 2010, 08:32

Roxane,

you will need to connect the two computers via ethernet. Then, it is not necessary to install the BCI2000 source module on one, and the remaining modules on the other machine; you may install BCI2000 entirely on the stimulus presentation machine, and connect to the Scan 4.3 software on the first machine.

You will need to run BCI2000 with the Neuroscan source module. For this, you may either modify batch files in the BCI2000/batch directory, or use BCI2000Launcher to start up BCI2000.
To connect to the Scan 4.3 software, set the ServerAddress parameter to the IP address of the machine running Scan 4.3, followed with a colon and the port as specified from the Scan 4.3 software.

For more information, see
http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/C ... uroscanADC

Best regards,
Juergen

rjavadi1

Post by rjavadi1 » 29 Jul 2010, 13:18

Hello,

Thanks for the advice! I've installed BCI2000 on the stimulus presentation computer and have Neuroscan.exe ready. However, I'm currently having issues with the batch directory. When I attempt to access any specific batch file, the "config" button on the main window is grayed and does not work.

Specifically, the Operator says "Publishing phase" "Waiting for configuration" "Waiting for configuration" "No status available".

Because of this, I cannot change my IP address or run an experiment.

Thanks,
Roxane

gschalk

stimulus presentation ...

Post by gschalk » 29 Jul 2010, 17:40

You are not starting an application module. This is usually the fourth module started in the batch file after operator, source, and signal processing.

Make sure that you start a module, e.g., StimulusPresentation.exe.

Gerv

rjavadi1

Post by rjavadi1 » 02 Aug 2010, 10:34

Hi,
I've tried to run each module seperately using the command prompt but it still does not work. There is certainly an issue with my operater module, because this is the point where it freezes up every time. It should be noted that the demo run "FeedbackDemo_SignalGenerator.bac" worked on the first day after the installation. However at present, all of the batch files do not work; though I am specifically interested in using the P3Speller_SignalGenerator.bat whose script is:

cd ..\prog
start operat.exe
start SignalGenerator.exe 127.0.0.1
start P3SignalProcessing.exe 127.0.0.1
start P3Speller.exe 127.0.0.1

I also downloaded the contributed binary found in the link below. Could this have caused any errors?
http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/B ... buted_Code

Do you think I should try uninstalling BCI2000 entirely and reinstalling the system? How would I go about doing this?

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 02 Aug 2010, 10:57

Try to locate the P3Speller.exe executable. It should reside in the BCI2000/prog directory. If not, reinstalling BCI2000 might help.

rjavadi1

Post by rjavadi1 » 02 Aug 2010, 11:31

Hi,
I've located the P3Speller.exe executable in the Prog directory but it does not work on it's own. I've also tried reinstalling BCI2000 [without uninstalling the previous program] and I manually executed each module but the same error occurs. Are there any execution log files on my machine that I can find and send to you for troubleshooting? And to uninstall, do I just delete the files?

I still believe that the error is in the fourth module because this is the point in which the operater says "Publishing phase" "Waiting for configuration" "Waiting for configuration" "No status available" and the config button is grayed out.

Thanks,
Roxane

rjavadi1

Post by rjavadi1 » 03 Aug 2010, 10:45

Hello,

A stray "Cursor Task.exe" application was running on its own and would not let me advance. I have fixed the problem. Thank you for all your help!

-Roxane