Environment Extension - Static Libraries

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
timo.veldt

Environment Extension - Static Libraries

Post by timo.veldt » 19 Apr 2010, 13:55

I'm currently looking into creating an environment extension for BCI2000 and I have a development issue.

Instead copying all the cpp files to my project I would like to link against a static library. To do this a .lib file should be build from the existing files. However I couldn't find which files I HAVE to include for this and before I turn to trial and error building, I would like to know your opinions. Both on the entire idea of building (a) static librar(y/ies) from BCI2000 that can be used in other programs and on what this lib should contain to function properly.

I am aware of the fact that this would require rebuilds when new versions appear, but if a new version of the C++, a rebuild is required anyhow.

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 20 Apr 2010, 08:08

We have thought about creating a static library from BCI2000 framework code, but refrained from doing so because this would bring up issues with maintaining compatibility of compiler options between static libraries, and projects that use them.

If you would like to build the BCI2000 framework into a static library, you might use the list of files in
build/cmake/frameworks/DefaultBCI2000Framework.cmake
as a starting point.

--Juergen