data file format & contents problem

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
jawilson

data file format & contents problem

Post by jawilson » 28 Apr 2005, 21:57

Hey,

I have a question about the data being saved into the DAT files. I have a matlab program that imports all of the data, and displays a lot of the header "source" information, such as the subject name, session #, and run #, in addition to all of the state variables.
After updating to the newest BCI2000 software from the website, it no longer displays the correct run numbers, although they are stored correctly in the file name, i.e. UWP47003R12, for subject UWP47, Session 003, and run 12. The run is always loaded as 01. This is not true with older data files from previous versions of the software. None of the other data is incorrect, so I don't think I am reading the data file incorrectly.
Has the change in the storage format been implemented in the new software yet? Or is it possible that the data just is not being stored correctly in the DAT file?

Thanks!

Adam

=====================
Adam Wilson
Research Assistant
Department of Biomedical Engineering
NITRO Lab
http://nitrolab.engr.wisc.edu
608-263-0008
=====================

gschalk

File format change ...

Post by gschalk » 01 May 2005, 07:02

Adam,

Where exactly do you get the run number from? File name, parameter, etc.?

Gerv

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 02 May 2005, 12:05

Adam,

the behavior you describe is due to a bug that slipped unnoticed for some time because many of us don't use the SubjectRun parameter in their data analysis procedures.

I fixed the bug, so the current CVS version should behave as you expect.
Thank you for reporting it!

Regards,
Juergen