Build the AppConnector

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
lordtshua

Build the AppConnector

Post by lordtshua » 03 Apr 2016, 11:02

I want to build the AppConnector ,and i have some problems.
First, i wonder if i cant't use Visual studio but only can use Qt?
Second, if i use Qt,i must use Qt4 as the AppConnector Example Documentation said? Can i use a higher version like Qt5.5?
Thank you!

lordtshua

Re: Build the AppConnector

Post by lordtshua » 03 Apr 2016, 11:17

And if it's convenient for you,i hope you can send me a release version to my e-mail: lordtshua@gmail.com,i even haven't used it.Then i will know how to use the AppConnector and that will be greatly helpful for my project i think.
Thank you!

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 04 Apr 2016, 09:02

I send you the link in a private email. Please let me know if this resolves the reported issue.

lordtshua

Post by lordtshua » 04 Apr 2016, 11:19

Thank you,
I will download it and try.After that i will respond to you.

lordtshua

Post by lordtshua » 08 Apr 2016, 09:41

I have downloaded form the link you gave me,but there isn't the AppconnectorAplications. And others can be used as before except for the OfflineAnalyse,i always have errors to run it in the Matlab2014a.

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 08 Apr 2016, 12:14

The release binaries allow you to enable the AppConnector using the ConnectorInputAddress and ConnectorOutputAddress parameters. The purpose of the AppConnector is to enable communication between your non-BCI2000 application and BCI2000 through a text-based protocol. If you can explain in more detail what you would like to accomplish I can provide you with some advise on how to implement this. Let me know.

http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/T ... _Connector

lordtshua

Post by lordtshua » 12 Apr 2016, 03:32

Peter,
I think i should introduce my project to you first.I want to use brain wave to control the car. Now,we should build a real-time system and i found it's the best way to use BCI2000.I just built up the solution with the Visual Studio 2012,and i now don't know how to modify the signalprocessing module and application module.And, i want to use Appconnector to communicate with other application and send control commend to the car.
Can you gave me some suggestions?Thank you.

Regard,Taylor

pbrunner

Post by pbrunner » 13 Apr 2016, 11:14

Taylor,

you can divide your project into to sub-projects:

1) Establish BCI control:

For this you have two options in BCI2000:
1a) P300 Speller using arrows to indicate the direction in which the car should move. This would be discrete control, or in other words, every 10 sec or so the user would make a selection through the P300-based BCI to send the car for a certain distance in that direction. The corresponding BCI2000 application would be the P300 Speller [1].
1b) Sensory-Motor-Rhythm (SMR) control to provide 1- or 2- dimensional control of the remote controlled car. This could be continuous control, or in other words 10 times per second or so, the BCI2000 would make an interpretation of the users SMR signal and send the car in the interpreted direction with the interpreted speed. The corresponding BCI2000 application would be the CursorTask [2].

2) Connecting the BCI control to your remote controlled car:
For this you have two options in BCI2000:
2a) Using the AppConnector and interpreting the commands on your remote controlled car side [3]. This would require a UDP client on your remote controlled car side that interprets the commands.
2b) Using a custom filter at the end of the signal processing chain to send the output of the signal processing to the remote controlled car [4]. This would require an existing API/SDK for your remote controlled car.

Please look into these 4 options and let me know you would like to proceed.

Regards, Peter

[1] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... pellerTask
[2] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/U ... CursorTask
[3] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/T ... _Connector
[4] http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/P ... a_template

lordtshua

Post by lordtshua » 13 Apr 2016, 19:51

Peter,

thank you very much for your detailed explanation.Now i have the direction to realize our project.
Because we want to design our feature extraction algorithm ourselves,so i would like to use Appconnector or API/SDK to communicate with the car.If our algorithm doesn't work normally,we will use P300 or cursor task.

Thank you.

Regard,Taylor