bad dynamic_cast

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
rflint

bad dynamic_cast

Post by rflint » 16 Oct 2014, 23:35

Today I have tried to get the latest version of BCI2000 going on a brand new computer. I checked out a new copy with SVN, installed cmake, installed Visual Studio 9, and ran the batch file to generate the VS solution file. While cmake was running, I got a large number of warnings about modules linking to themselves:

Code: Select all

CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/AddTargetMacro.cmake:131 (ADD_LIBRARY):
  Policy CMP0038 is not set: Targets may not link directly to themselves.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0038" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

Target "BCI2000FrameworkCore" links to itself.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/frameworks/CoreLib/CMakeLists.txt:22 (BCI2000_ADD_TARGET)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
In this example of course, "BCI2000FrameworkCore " is a specific module. But I get so many of these warnings that I think one must be coming out for every single module. There are so many it won't allow me to scroll back up to the top of the command window.

Anyway, since they were warnings not errors, I went ahead and opened the solution file that had been generated. All the projects built successfully and without errors. However, when I go to try launching a set of modules, the operator window hangs. It displays "waiting for configuration" endlessly. Windows firewall is off. This happens whether I use a batch file or the BCI2000 Launcher program. I have tried waiting for 15 minutes, but nothing happens. When I try to quit, the following error appears.

Code: Select all

2014-10-16T21:32:32 - BCI2000 Started.
2014-10-16T21:32:33 - SignalProcessing: Waiting for configuration ...
2014-10-16T21:32:33 - SignalSource: Waiting for configuration ...
2014-10-16T21:33:40 - Error, Unhandled exception of type std::bad_cast:
Bad dynamic_cast!
Canceling thread of type StateMachine.

Close this window to quit

As an example, I can try SignalGenerator, DummySignalProcessing, and DummyApplication, and this happens. But it seems to happen regardless of what combination I try. I tried the CursorTask_SignalGenerator.bat that is recommended by the BCI200 Getting Started document. It still does this.

Any thoughts?