"CursorTask Modification"

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
darvish_sam

"CursorTask Modification"

Post by darvish_sam » 03 Nov 2013, 22:17

Hi Everyone,
Could anybody please let me know how to modify the cursorTask application so as it could have a "Ready" auditory command in the beginning of each trial, followed by a "Go" command 2 seconds later?

I think I have (sorta) done the first part ("Ready" auditory command) by playing a sound file in the beginning of "OnTrialBegin" class. My problem is how to defer the onset of motor imagery for 2 seconds.
Do you think it is a good idea to just increase the feedback onset for 2 more seconds, playing the "Go" auditory command and then at the end, disregard first 2-second period? Would it have an accurate timing?

Thank you for your attention.

Sam

darvish_sam

Re: "CursorTask Modification"

Post by darvish_sam » 14 Nov 2013, 01:42

Dear moderators,
After waiting for few days and getting no response, I wonder if it has been asked at the right place and perhaps should be moved to some other branches like "Application".

I will be very grateful if you could give me a feedback.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Sam

boulay

Post by boulay » 14 Nov 2013, 12:22

Sam,
The SfN conference in San Diego just ended. I think many people were busy with that. Maybe you will get a reply soon after people settle down back home. Juergen was not in San Diego, unfortunately, but I'm sure he was busy nonetheless.
-Chad

darvish_sam

Post by darvish_sam » 15 Nov 2013, 02:31

Hi Chad,
Thank you for letting me know. I totally forgot SFN.
Hope to get an answer soon.
Regards,
Sam

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 25 Nov 2013, 08:33

Hi Sam,

Chad is right, I was not at SfN, but have been very busy during the last weeks.

It's not clear to me what exactly you want to achieve. Do you actually want to display the feedback cursor, but ask the subject to suppress imagery until some time else, and then play the "Go" command? Or do you really want to give an auditory hint when the feedback cursor appears?

In the first case, the easiest thing would be to concatenate the "Ready" command with some silence plus the "Go" command.
In the latter case, play the "Go" command from the "OnFeedbackBegin" event handler.

Regards,
Juergen

darvish_sam

Post by darvish_sam » 31 Mar 2014, 03:52

Thank you Juergen,
What I meant was the first case and by following your great comments and adding the Waveplayer objects in the initialization class, now I can get what I need.

Kind regards,
Sam