" Problem with Commiting the added files to the source code"

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
darvish_sam

" Problem with Commiting the added files to the source code"

Post by darvish_sam » 11 Sep 2013, 08:02

Dear all,
I recently downloaded the current version of the BCI2000 source code using Turtoise SVN (verion 1.8.1).
I also downloaded an external QT for VS2010 64 bit and built the solution, quite error free.
The SVN program always allows me to update the source, however, now that I have added two sound files to the prog/sound directory, it does not allow me to commit them and gives me this error :
Commit failed (details follow):
MKACTIVITY of '/svn/!svn/act/b4b0963d-6e37-5c4e-96aa-b06c083863b6': 403
Forbidden (http://www.bci2000.org)
It sounds like I do not have access to that folder which I really have( I have also added the mentioned audio files using SVN).

Would you plz let me know how I can solve the problem.

Thank you in advance,
Sam

boulay

Re: " Problem with Commiting the added files to the source c

Post by boulay » 12 Sep 2013, 04:34

Hey Sam, how are you?

Your account does not allow you to commit files to the online BCI2000 repository. Indeed that honour is restricted to the primary developers (not me). Your best bet is to untrack any files you add.

Also, if you plan to change any source code, I'd recommend copying what you need into the BCI2000\src\custom directory and changing it there. This directory is not tracked and therefore will not interrupt your ability to update from SVN in the future.

darvish_sam

Post by darvish_sam » 13 Sep 2013, 01:05

boulay wrote:Hey Sam, how are you?

Your account does not allow you to commit files to the online BCI2000 repository. Indeed that honour is restricted to the primary developers (not me). Your best bet is to untrack any files you add.

Also, if you plan to change any source code, I'd recommend copying what you need into the BCI2000\src\custom directory and changing it there. This directory is not tracked and therefore will not interrupt your ability to update from SVN in the future.
Hi Chad!
It is good to hear from you.
I thought your point has solved it but I was using the wrong batch file!
The problem is that I am trying to add some sound files to be used in the "Stimulus Presentation Task" as auditory commands, however, these added sound files ( which are in .wav format) cannot be open by the program because as soon as I push the "Set Config" button , it gives me these errors :

2013-09-13T16:59:57 - StimulusPresentationTask::Preflight: Could not open "../src/custom/Left.wav" as a sound file.
2013-09-13T16:59:57 - StimulusPresentationTask::Preflight: Could not open "../src/custom/UP.wav" as a sound file.
2013-09-13T16:59:57 - StimulusPresentationTask::Preflight: Could not open "../src/custom/DOWN.wav" as a sound file.

As you can see I have copied the sound files in the custom directory, but still the same error.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,
Sam

Regards,
Sam

boulay

Re: Using custom wav files with StimulusPresentation

Post by boulay » 13 Sep 2013, 04:22

Sorry, now that I know a little more, I think my previous advice may have been a little off. I suggest using src/custom for source code and other things that are directly required WHEN BUILDING custom modules. However, these wav files are not necessary for building modules so they probably don't belong in 'src' at all. A more appropriate place might be BCI2000\prog\sounds

That being said, I still don't see how putting the wav files in that folder would prevent them from loading.

Start by trying to get the preexisting wav files in BCI2000\prog\sounds to work. If they work then try putting your wav files in that directory to get them to work. If the preexisting ones work but yours do not then that suggests to me there is a problem with the files themselves.

darvish_sam

Post by darvish_sam » 26 Sep 2013, 21:33

Thank you all for putting time on this issue,
As Chad mentioned the problem might be with the files, I tried to copy the files in an external path and got the same error. Even though the downloaded .wav files could be played correctly, I downloaded an application and converted them to .mp3 formnat and then re-converted them back to .wav format and then: Bingo! the problem solved!

Thank you Chad!

Regards,
Sam