P300 Classifier GUI Bug?

rm9

P300 Classifier GUI Bug?

Post by rm9 » 17 Mar 2011, 08:50

I recorded generated data (from SignalGenerator) using the StimulusPresentation application.
After I finished recording (in copy mode), I tried to generate weights with the P300 Classifier GUI.
After clicking the "generate" button, the application crashes.
It crashes in the file "remmean.cpp", line 235. It seems that the "index" variable is not initialized because the condition "element_value < min_value" was never met.

How can I fix it?

Also, the decimation field in the GUI accepts only two digits.
Why is that? It says in the help that if I want no decimation then I need to write my sampling rate and usually it is above 100hz...

Thanks.

mellinger

Re: P300 Classifier GUI Bug?

Post by mellinger » 17 Mar 2011, 11:52

Hi,

the P300Classifier does not work with data recorded with the StimulusPresentation application. Currently, it only accepts data from the P3Speller application.
Why is that? It says in the help that if I want no decimation then I need to write my sampling rate and usually it is above 100hz...
Typically, you want to downsample your data prior to classification. Otherwise, you have too many classification weights and too little training data to determine them.

Juergen

rm9

Post by rm9 » 19 Mar 2011, 13:40

mellinger wrote:Hi,

the P300Classifier does not work with data recorded with the StimulusPresentation application. Currently, it only accepts data from the P3Speller application.
Typically, you want to downsample your data prior to classification. Otherwise, you have too many classification weights and too little training data to determine them.

Juergen
Ok, good to know about the P300 Classifier. maybe it should be written wiki.
thanks.

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 22 Mar 2011, 11:08

P300Classifier can now handle files recorded with StimulusPresentation. However, it requires that each stimulus is presented exactly once per sequence, as determined by the "Sequence" parameter.