Online recordings used offline

acclark

Online recordings used offline

Post by acclark » 23 Jan 2012, 18:18

Hey guys,

I'm quite new to this, just getting my head round some things. I've got a live EEG recording of mu rhythms and p300 signals that are stored as .dat files (I've made quite a large assumption that these are usable). Is it possible to use these .dat files to run the operator module as if it was 'live'? I've had a quick look at using the cmdline to run the bci_dat2stream function and then replacing the signal module with this stream, but that seems very complicated for something so useful, so I'm hoping there's an easier method. Does anyone have a method they use to run modules offline with sample data, or can anyone point me in the right direction towards a solution?

Thanks a lot,
Adam

boulay

Re: Online recordings used offline

Post by boulay » 24 Jan 2012, 05:30

I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/C ... lePlayback

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 24 Jan 2012, 08:36

Make sure you try BCI2000/tools/matlab/bci2000chain. It wraps up command line tools into an easy-to-use Matlab function, and comes with an instructive example.

Juergen

acclark

Post by acclark » 24 Jan 2012, 18:44

I think that is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks a lot.

acclark

Post by acclark » 31 Jan 2012, 15:12

I'm really sorry about this, but I'm starting as a complete newcomer to this, and I don't really have much time to go through and work everything out. How do I get the playback file to work? if someone could explain the procedure from the beginning I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

boulay

Post by boulay » 01 Feb 2012, 01:38

Do you have the FilePlayback.exe module in your BCI2000/prog directory?

You'll need an account with the BCI2000 site (not the same as the bbs account).
Go here:
http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/BCI2000_Binaries
Download the "Latest Released Build" and the "Contributed Code" binaries.

After running the installers, make sure BCI2000/prog contains the FilePlayback.exe

Run BCI2000Launcher. Select FilePlayback under Signal Source, and appropriate Signal Processing and Application modules.
Click "Launch"

When Operator opens, click Config. In the new window that opens, click on the "Source" tab. Make sure all of these parameters match exactly the parameters of your saved file. For more info see the FilePlayback entry on the wiki.

Close the config window. Click "Set Config". The file will start playing immediately. When you click start the playback will begin (again) at the time you specified when Configuring the parameters.

These are very basic instructions. If you want more detail you'll need to provide more detailed questions.