Older version download

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
Speier

Older version download

Post by Speier » 12 Oct 2011, 02:41

Is there a way to download an older version of the source code? I only see links to the current version and older binaries.

mellinger

Re: Older version download

Post by mellinger » 12 Oct 2011, 06:55

When downloading the source code from www.bci2000.org/downloads/src/BCI2000src.tgz, you will get a daily snapshot. Older source code versions are not available that way.

To get an older version of the source code, use an SVN client, and do a checkout specifying a certain revision. E.g., to get the source code revision corresponding to the June 2011 build, go to http://www.bci2000.org/wiki/index.php/B ... sion_3.0.2, which lists revision 3359 as the latest changeset. To checkout that version, do

Code: Select all

svn checkout -r 3359 www.bci2000.org/svn/trunk
when using the command line SVN client.

When using TortoiseSVN, just enter the revision number into the checkout dialog.

Regards,
Juergen

Speier

Post by Speier » 12 Oct 2011, 17:43

I can get the code now, thanks. The problem I'm running into now is that these versions are not compiling for me. I've tried 3.0.2 (changeset 3359) and 3.0.1 (changeset 3261). Both of them give me the error:
ambiguous overload for 'operator='

This occurs in different files for the two versions: BCI2000\src\shared\modules\signalprocessing\Normalizer.cpp for 3.0.2 and BCI2000\src\contrib\SignalSource\FilePlayback\FilePlaybackADC.cpp for 3.0.1.

I am using MinGW with gcc version 4.4.0 and Qt version 4.5.3. I am able to build the changeset 3466, but not the current changeset.

mellinger

Post by mellinger » 13 Oct 2011, 08:27

Thanks for your error report. While we are trying to have source code compiling on all supported compilers, it is difficult and time-consuming to test with all compilers after each commit, so compilation on a certain compiler may be broken for some source code versions.

Generally, we do development under VS 2008, and fix compilation under MinGW and Borland as frequently as we can afford. To fix your compilation problem, search the SVN log for entries containing "MinGW", and pick the latest one for checkout.

I'm currently preparing a binary release, and will make sure that the release will compile on all three officially supported compilers. So you might wait another day to get the source code from that release, which should compile under MinGW.

Regards,
Juergen