Sigfried Compilation Problems

Forum for software developers to discuss BCI2000 software development
jpardo

Sigfried Compilation Problems

Post by jpardo » 06 Oct 2011, 12:01

Hi. I'm new to BCI2000 and I'm trying to compile the Sigfried module. I understand that you need the Borland C++ 6 compiler to build Sigfried, however, everytime I try to build I get an error [C++ Error] Environment.h(455): E2166 Destructor for 'EnvironmentExtension' is not accessible. Any clues on what might be going on? Is the code for the destructor missing? Is it possible to build this module using Visual Studio 2008, which I used to build all the other modules?

Thanks in advance.

mellinger

Re: Sigfried Compilation Problems

Post by mellinger » 08 Oct 2011, 11:29

Hi,

this issue, as well as a few other issues related to compilation with BCB, has been fixed in r3586.

Please note that it is not necessary to use version 6 of the C++ Builder. A more recent version of C++ Builder will do as well if no copy of C++ Builder 6 is available - we currently use the 2010 version to verify compilation and test executables.

It might also be of interest that the Sigfried module will be available for compilation with Visual Studio in a few weeks. It is currently being ported to use the same libraries as the BCI2000 core modules rather than the Borland VCL.

Regards,
Juergen