NeuroSky Mindset Acquisition Module
As of binary release of 3.0.4, the module will erroneously report that COM port baud rate must be set to 57600. Regardless of what it says, ensure your baud rate is set to 9600. This has been fixed in HEAD
Griffin Milsap (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Source Code Revisions
Acquires signal data from the NeuroSky Mindset. Device must first be connected and paired via Bluetooth.
Note: Current module only works with the single channel Mindset device. A future version (June 2011) will include support for newer NeuroSky devices.
Copy the Thinkgear.dll to the prog directory for the module to work.
- The device has one channel, so SourceCh must be set to 1.
- The device's sampling rate is 512Hz, so the SamplingRate parameter must be set to 512.
- Ideally, the device has no DC offset, so SourceChOffset should be set to 0
- SourceChGain must be set to the Neurosky's actual conversion factor: 0.2197.
- COMPort is an enumerated parameter which allows you to select which COM port the device resides on. This can be found by looking through your bluetooth settings. It is also possible to set the COM port to a lower number, if the default COM port is over 16.
States regarding signal quality are in the works.